OverviewOriginally built as areas of segregation, Cape Town's townships are experiencing new life. On this tour guests visit two key township central business districts, and learn about how the townships are shaping up as important central nodes. Explore some of the city's best known townships including its oldest, Langa, and its fastest growing, Khayelitsha. Interact with proactive community members who are shaping the future of the townships, and, by extension, the city.
- Free snacks included
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourSouth Africa’s townships were created as segregated places for blacks only, until the end of the Apartheid era. Usually located on city outskirts, the townships still exist today and while still facing undeniable problems, they hold the highest level of savings in the country, and are acknowledged by government as the economic future of the country.
After meeting your guide in Cape Town, you’ll head out by minivan to discover some of Cape Town’s most interesting townships, like Langa and Khayelitsha. Meet the local leaders who are making things happen for this vibrant community, and hear their views on some of the biggest questions surrounding their future: ‘What if the greatest value of savings were in the townships, and not in the wealthy areas? How will the townships become suburbs? What’s their future?’
Inclusions for Township Tour Of Cape Town
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Township Tour Of Cape Town
- Hotel pickup
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is subject to change, on occasion you may visit different townships depending on availability of hosts within the community
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.