Townsville Helicopter Tour - Townsville City
OverviewEnjoy breathtaking views of Townsville and Cleveland Bay during a helicopter flight with an expert pilot as your guide. Choose from either a shorter flight around Townsville or a longer flight that also takes you over Magnetic Island. The state-of-the-art helicopter flies over Castle Hill, the Strand, Townsville Port, Ross River and the Coral Sea. Upgrade to include Magnetic Island and portions of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. Your pilot will provide expert commentary about Townsvilles highlights and history for a comprehensive overview of this stunning region.
- Instant Confirmation
- Scenic helicopter flight
Know More about this tourYou can request hotel pickup or make your own way to the Townsville Airport, where you meet an expert pilot and receive a safety orientation before boarding the helicopter. Up in the sky, the pilot provides detailed commentary about all the sights you see. If you have a question, just ask on a two-way audio headset.
Read on to learn about the two flights you can choose from:
City Flight (10 minutes):
Fly over Townsville by helicopter for aerial views of all the key landmarks, including the iconic Castle Hill, a heritage-listed pink granite mountain that stands 938 feet (286 meters) high in the heart of Townsville. Take in the long sandy beaches of the Strand and the bustling activity around Townsville Port, the third largest seaport in Queensland. Then follow the Ross River from the port through the city for a final look from above before gently landing at the airport to end your amazing flight.
Magnetic Island Scenic Flight (30 minutes):
See all the same sights as the City Flight option above, and fly over Cleveland Bay to Magnetic Island, located five miles (8 km) offshore from the city of Townsville. Part of the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Cleveland Bay and the surrounding waters of the Coral Sea host abundant marine wildlife and fringing reefs, some visible from the air. Glide over Magnetic Island to admire scenery of rugged cliffs, dense rainforest and secluded bays with clear turquoise waters. Your pilot points out the landmarks of this pristine island, where national parks protect nearly 70 percent of the land. Keep your camera handy for remarkable views that you can only get from the air. Enjoy the return journey to Townsville Airport to end your flight.
Inclusions for Townsville Helicopter Tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
Exclusions for Townsville Helicopter Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking
Individual passenger weight MUST be advised at time of booking. A weight variance greater than 10% may incur an additional fee. Maximum single seat payload of 130kg
Infants 2 years and under travel free of charge when seated in the lap of a parent or guardian
Tour Cancellations: Tours and aircraft substitutions are subject to Management and/or pilot discretion, weather, air traffic control and availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Townsville City Sightseeing Tour
- Orpheus Island Day Trip by Helicopter from Townsville
- 45-Minute Cape Cleveland Scenic Helicopter Flight from Townsville
- 60-Minute Palm Island Scenic Helicopter Flight from Townsville
- Reef HQ Great Barrier Reef Aquarium General Entry Ticket
- Scuba Dive the S.S. Yongala Wreck on the Great Barrier Reef
- Heli Fishing Day Trip from Townsville