Learn about the traditional Japanese art, Furoshiki â wrapping presents and objects into a piece of silk cloth. You will also go shopping for a beautiful furoshiki for your future wrapping needs during this 2 hour class. Furoshiki skill will revolutionize the way you wrap presents for your dear ones: forget the wrapping paper and instead use a beautiful handkerchief, which can make a great present on its own. Furoshiki features many different ways to wrap a present of any shape and size.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tour
The art of furoshiki does not only provide a beautifully and originally wrapped present â the wrapping itself makes a wonderful present and can be used in the future by the receiver for many purposes. Furoshiki can also be used to carry items on daily basis.
The tour will begin at the Fushimi station and head to a nearby shop for Furoshiki fabric shopping. Here, you will be able to buy many sheets of any fabric you like. After shopping, you will go to Nishiasahi and have class.
During the class, your guide will explain to you regarding how to choose the appropriate fabric and help you pick the most suitable size and color.Â
At Nishiasahi, your teacherÂ will tell you about the origins and history of Furoshiki and the etiquette that comes with using it properly. You guide will then learnÂ several ways to wrap various objects. You will be able to wrap bottles, books, and other more complicated objects by the end of this class.Â
Inclusions for Traditional Art Of Furoshiki In Nagoya
- Furoshiki lesson
- Shopping experience
Exclusions for Traditional Art Of Furoshiki In Nagoya
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Furoshiki fabric (you will buy it on the tour with the guide)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.