Passing holidays in the French Riviera and you are finding alternative to the crowdy coast and the mass tourism destinations ? This quirky tour is perfect for you combining a mountain train experience, medieval unique villages and with options water sports or hikes in astonishing natural spots.
During centuries, this flourishing valley, the Royal Trade Road, populary known as Salt Road, became wealthy thanks to the traders travelling from the mediterranean sea to the Alps.
Classic full day BAROQUE ROUTE program (ask customize your program) :
- 7:35 am (recommended, or 9.23 am) : Departure from train station of Nice for 2h of unique exploration, train experience through the alps with professional guide commenting the history of the train line, the perched villages, the hanging bridges, the impressive tunnels and the majestuous landscapes, one of the most beautiful train line in the world fruit of the genius of french civil engineering of the beginning of the XXst century.
Guided visit in the Medieval Village of Tende, where we will discover one of the most beautiful baroque cathedral, visit of the museum des Merveilles (engraving stones and history) very well adapted for childrens and adults. During the day we will go down the valley jumping from village to village, exploring the history and legends of the Salt Trade Road, visit a very surprising medieval Chapel decorated in 1492 by a famous painter, precursor of Italian Renaissance.
After a lunch in a restaurant or a pic nic of local food snacks next the river, we will go to visit the Medieval perched Village of Saorge, historical fortified locked door of the Trade Road, with on top of this astonishing village a very surprising guided visit of the Franciscan monks Monastery, the church, and its gardens for a trip back in the old times.
20:23 (recomended, or earlier is possibe) : Arrival in Nice train station
- ELECTRIC MOUNTAIN E-BIKE (recommended specially if you don't like to walk) (Possibility to carry on the train until Tende): 25/person
- Walk until a nice river corner to take a dip or panoramical road by e-bike to Sospel
- Watersports in the River: canyoning or rafting (ask quote for activities)
- Hiking in the Valley des Merveilles with a guided visit of the engraving stones (Bus option + hiking in the National Park 2h30 to 3h30) or shorter trek from several villages
- Possibility to visit the Museum des Merveilles, or the Museum of the Old Trains
- Possibilities to stay a night in Hotel, Inn or Camping/Mobilhome/Yourte and 2-3 days program with hiking in the National Mercantour Park for the more curious and aventurous ones
- a 4x4 experience through the Alps,
- A ride on a donkey or a horse through the mountains
Contact us to organize your customize tour depending on your desires, everything is possible!