Trani Wine Tour From Bari Or Ostuni With Visit To Castel Del MonteWrite a Review
OverviewExplore fantastic scenery and appreciate centuries-old traditions that have remained largely unchanged. Visit Castel del Monte and Trani and enjoy award winning wines with a delicious lunch.
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tour
We will pick up you from your hotel in Bari or Ostuni and begin the day by exploring the amazing Castel Del Monte, approximately one hour drive. It is one of the most sophisticated and secular buildings of the Middle Ages. It was built in the 13th century. The building is a harmonious geometrical study, but this precisely planned, giant octagon remains a mystery to this day.
We continue our tour with a visit to the wonderful Giancarlo Ceci winery, set in an impressive 16th century castle with views in the distance of the mystical Castel del Monte. This organic winery handed down for eight generations of nature and traditions harnesses its location in the hills and the presence of oak woods to contribute to the success of these award winning wines.
We will then enjoy lunch at either; Antichi SaporI, owned by one of the most famous chefs in Italy, Pietro Zito. He says “my dishes come from the land that is why I’m called the farmer chef. “ He has a love of tradition and a respect for fresh seasonal ingredients. Alternatively we can eat at Corte in Fiore, one of the best fish restaurants in Trani, it is situated in a 16th century building in the old town close to the fishing harbour, cathedral and Jewish Ghetto. Refreshed we will continue the day by exploring Trani. During the Middle Ages this small, lively whitewashed port of Jewish origin bustled with mercantile activity and was filled with merchants and traders. Today, one of the highlights of a visit, is the majestic Duomo built between 1159-1186 and beautifully situated on the sea front.
Our tour continues with a visit to Rivera – one of the great wine estates of Italy, summer excels with their reds, attributing to their accolade as one of the leaders in Puglia’s wine sector. Sebastiano de Corato founded Azien da Vinicola Rivera in the late 1940’s and today with the involvement of the 3rd generation of the family, they use quality traditional methods to produce award winning wines that eloquently express the intense yet elegant character of the land and its native grape varieties. The winery enjoys stunning views of its vast expanse of vineyards.
Inclusions for Trani Wine Tour From Bari Or Ostuni With Visit To Castel Del Monte
- Pick up / Drop off from Bari or Ostuni
- Visit Castel del Monte and Trani
- Lunch at an upscale restaurant
- Visits to two wineries (Giancarlo Ceci & Riviera)
- Two wine tastings of award-winning wines
- Entrance to Castel del monte
- Private transport, fully equipped for your complete comfort
Exclusions for Trani Wine Tour From Bari Or Ostuni With Visit To Castel Del Monte
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is casual
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.