Transfer From Sarajevo To Belgrade With Visit Visegrad, Andricgrad And Drvengrad
OverviewTransfer from Sarajevo to Belgrade we start at 06:00am and on the way we visit Visegrad, Andricgrad and Drvengrad.Visegrad is town on the Drina river in eastern part of Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is located in the valley of the Drina, in the hilly slopes gently rising high into the mountains, over 1000 meters in high. This small town is full of pretty streets but we will dedicate our visit to The Old Stone Bridge, the endowment of Grand Vizier Mehmed Pasha Sokolovic.Just nearby this famous bridge is another tourist attraction - Andricgrad also known as Kamengrad. Andricgrad is a project of a famous film director Emir Kusturica, inspired by works and characters of mentioned famous writer, nobel prize winner, Ivo Andric.We will also visit - Ethno Village Drvengrad. Drvengrad means wooden town and thats exactly what youll find here. It is located in the Zlatibor region in a nature park Mokra Gora, in Serbia. It's a traditional village, built by mentioned film director Emir Kusturica.
Know More about this tour
On the way to Belgrade we will visit Visegrad, Andricgrad and Drvengrad. In small town Visegrad, locatedin the valley of the Drina river, we will seeThe Old Stone Bridge, the endowment of Grand Vizier Mehmed Pasha Sokolovic. He is one of the great Ottoman military leader of Bosnian origin. In the ascendant of his powers, he ordered that the most beautiful bridge must be built in Visegrad on the Drina river. The main architect of the bridge was Mimar Sinan, the greatest architect of the Otoman empire. It was built in the oriental style.It is a masterpiece of architecture in that era. The Bridge is one of the most important national monuments of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and was entered in the UNESCO list of World Heritage Sites in 2007. Ivo Andric, Winner of the 1961 Nobel Prize in Literature, wrote the famous novel "The Bridge on the Drina". It is a historical novel. The story spans about four centuries and covers the Ottoman and Austro-Hungarian periods of the region, with a particular emphasis on the lives, destinies and relations of the local inhabitants. The Bridge symbolizes strength, permanence and stability in spite of all disasters. It is amazing what such a building or the river below it goes through during the centuries.Just nearby this famous bridge is another tourist attraction - Andricgrad (Andrictown) also known as Kamengrad (Stonetown). Andricgrad is a project of a famous film director Emir Kusturica, inspired by works and characters of mentioned famous writer, nobel prize winner, Ivo Andric. It is a tourist, cultural, administrative and educational complex, situated on a peninsula between the rivers Drina and Rzav in Visegrad. It is actually a vision of how Visegrad would have looked like if the Renaissance and other historical periods had not gone by it.Ethno Village Drvengrad isalso known by name Kustendorf. Itis also traditional village in its shape and structure. In this place You can enjoy the train Nostalgia. Sargan Eight isan old-fashionednarrow-gauge railway. Its construction was finished in 1925.Today it represents a major tourist attraction.
Inclusions for Transfer From Sarajevo To Belgrade With Visit Visegrad, Andricgrad And Drvengrad
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Transfer From Sarajevo To Belgrade With Visit Visegrad, Andricgrad And Drvengrad
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- BEERgrade Pub Crawl Tour
- Belgrade Street Art Experience Tour
- Castles of Vojvodina and salas country retreat departure from Belgrade
- Belgrade and Avala Mountain Full Day Layover Tour with Round-Trip Airport Transfer
- Cruising the Iron Gate
- Topola and Oplenac one day in Sumadija
- Wild River of Western Serbia
- Vojvodina Ethno Experience