OverviewThis tour allows you to do three activities in one afternoon! We provide transportation to the following sites: The Middle of the World Monument, which despite its erroneous placement is a great photo-op; the nearby Intiñan Museum, known for its myth-busters approach to the middle of the world and its phenomena, where you can also attempt to balance an egg on a needle, experience first-hand the power of earth's magnetic forces. It is also includes an Ethnographic Museum so that you can learn about Ecuador's culture; upon return, you have the option of staying at Quito's Teleférico, the cable car which takes you up 4050 meters atop the Pichincha volcano, where you can experience one of the city's most beautiful sunsets.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourConveniently timed to begin after our widely recognized and popular walking tour, we take off from the Community Adventures headquarters and provide you with transportation to and from the Middle of the World Museums and Monument. On the return journey you will have the opportunity to be dropped off at the Teleferico so that you may go up and enjoy the beautiful sunset in Quito.
We first head out to Quito’s outskirts to enjoy the mythbusters-type “Intiñan” Museum, where you can witness the supernatural powers and magnetic forces the equator offers. Here you will also see the most geographically accurate, GPS-tracked equator line. This museum is also ethnographic so you get to learn about the culture of Ecuador and will teach you the way of life in every region of the country.
You will also see the erroneously placed line at the more recognized Middle of the World monument, here you can get you picture in both hemispheres at the same time!!
On the way back from the Equator if you can be dropped off at the Teleferico, the cable car, which takes you up to 4,050 meters for an amazing view of our city. For those that would like to stay please note that we only drop you off at the Teleferico, the return is up to you.
Inclusions for Transport To Middle Of The World, Intiñan Museum And Teleferico
- Transport to and from both Middle of the World attractions
- Drop off at Teleferico (car does not wait)
Exclusions for Transport To Middle Of The World, Intiñan Museum And Teleferico
- Entrance to Intinan Museum (USD 4)
- Entrance to the Monument to the Middle of the World (optional USD 3,5 )
- Ticket for the Teleferico ($8.50)
- Return transport from Teleferico if you choose to stay there for the sunset
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This tour is transportation only and does not include a guide along the way. The Intiñan Museum has a guide and that is what the charge is for there, the charge at Teleferico, the cable car, is to go up to the top of the mountain. After Teleferico the cost to go back to new town and old town should not be more then 5 dollars
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.