Trastevere Quarter Rome Segway Experience With Lunch
OverviewExplore Rome's hippest neighborhood - the Trastevere district - from the unique vantage point of a Segway PT. Trastevere is a pedestrian haven, making it a perfect place to explore by two wheels -with no vehicles getting in the way. Catch the midday cannon at the Gianiculum Hill - a long standing Roman tradition and explore the most famous squares of the neighborhood, bustling with visitors and locals alike. End the perfect experience with a tasty local lunch near the meeting point.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Likely to Sell Out
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourTrastevere's medieval labyrinth of winding streets with its colorful palazzi and lively squares has maintained its small-neighborhood charm for centuries. Today, Trastevere is the go-to spot for locals for an evening out at the many wonderful bars, cafs, and restaurants lining the streets.
Your tour departs from Via Celimontana, conveniently located a short walk from the Colosseum. Discover just how easy it is to ride a Segway with a brief training before taking off with your private Tour Leader.
Head into the heart of Trastevere. Aboard your Segway, explore the areas characteristic alleyways and pass through the famous squares or piazzas Trilussa, Santa Maria in Trastevere, and even Piazza San Cosimato, home of Trasteveres local open-air market. The area is a pedestrian paradise and most of the areas youll visit have been closed off to traffic, making the Segway ride particularly pleasant. See locals going about their daily lives, crowds of friends meeting up in the piazzas, laundry strung up on lines hanging over alleys, and more.
After youve had time to soak up the festive atmosphere of Trastevere, head up to the top of the Gianicolo (Janiculum). This is the second tallest of Romes many hills; from here, the panorama over the city below is simply stunning. With ample time to enjoy the view, visit Fountain dellacqua Paola, an impressive monumental Baroque fountain dating back to 1612. Your itinerary has also been perfectly timed to catch a Janiculum ritual that dates back to 1847: daily at noon, a cannon shot is fired in the direction of the Tiber river to signal the exact time.
On your way back, catch a glimpse of Tiberina Island and the Colosseum before heading to lunch. Your guide has handpicked a restaurant where you can relax and enjoy a typical Roman meal.
At each stop youll enjoy a presentation on a personal iPod, which youll be provided with at the beginning of the tour. Youll discover fascinating facts and curiosities about each of the spots youll visit in a modern and entertaining audio-visual presentation.
If you want to visit Romes most quintessential quartiere, youll cover more ground on a Segway and see more without the effort it would take the cover the same route on foot. Your tour will conclude back at your original departure point near the Colosseum where a bathroom, free Wifi, water, and caf are available.
Inclusions for Trastevere Quarter Rome Segway Experience With Lunch
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private Tour Leader
- Use of helmet
- Segway Rental
- Local lunch with drink
Exclusions for Trastevere Quarter Rome Segway Experience With Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age to ride a Segway is 16 years
Customers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult
Riders must have the ability to make motions such as climbing and descending stairs without assistance
Segways are not suitable for guests who weigh under 100 pounds (45 kilos) or over 250 pounds (113 kilos)
It is recommended to wear comfortable shoes
Please do not carry large bags whilst on the Segway
Not recommended for pregnant women
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket