On this tour you will visit Harrison's Cave a limestone cave that is called the 8th wonder of the world. Then we will make a short stop in Bathsheba famous for its breathtaking beauty and pounding surf. The route then takes you past Morgan Lewis Windmill and Cherry Tree Hill. Next you will be off to St Nicholas Abbey which can be correctly categorized a historical treasure of Barbados. This sugar plantation great house is a 17th century Jacobean Mansion one of only three in this side of the world.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All-inclusive tour
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourThe whole Island of Barbados is a treasure. From its formation to its history, culture, cuisine and crafts, every bit of it is worthy of being called a treasure. Where else can you find stories of cannibals, pirates, black widows, presidents & witchcraft? There are a handful of places that for some stand out more than others and in this tour you will experience them all. On this tour you will visit Harrison's Cave a limestone cave that is called the 8th wonder of the world. At the cave you will board an electric tram and travel through the winding tunnels viewing majestic caverns and the stalactites and stalagmites which have been growing in them for many centuries. Another special features of the caves are its streams, waterfalls and pools. Harrison's cave is guaranteed to be an experience of a lifetime. A visit to Barbados will not be complete without a short stop in Bathsheba famous for its breathtaking beauty and pounding surf. The route then takes you past Morgan Lewis Windmill and Cherry Tree Hill. The windmill is on the list of top 100 endangered historical sites in the world and is also one of only 2 windmills of this type left standing in the Caribbean. After the windmill you will make your way up to Cherry Tree Hill for its spectacular views before heading on to St Nicholas Abbey. St Nicholas Abbey can be correctly categorized a historical treasure of Barbados. This sugar plantation great house is a 17th century Jacobean Mansion one of only three in this side of the world. There is also an on-site rum distillery and a working steam engine that crushes the cane during harvest season. Once your time at the abbey is complete, you will be taken back to your hotel or cruise port.
Tour Itinerary Highlights (times are approximate and subject to change)
Harrison's Cave Tram Tour - 1.5 hours
Bathsheba - 15 minute photo stop
Morgan Lewis Windmill - 15 minute photo stop
Cherry Tree Hill - 15 minute photo stop
St Nicholas Abbey -1 hour
Inclusions for Treasures Of Barbados Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Treasures Of Barbados Sightseeing Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A minimum of XX people per booking is required
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.