Trek Mount Kilimanjaro Through Marangu Route - Arusha
OverviewTrek Mount Kili through Marangu Route well Known as the "Coca-Cola" route, the Marangu route approaches Kilimanjaro from the southeast. It is the oldest, most well established route.Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro marangu route Many favor the Marangu route because it is considered to be the easiest path on the mountain, given its gradual slope and direct path.Marangu is the only route which offers sleeping huts in dormitory style accommodations. There are 60 bunk beds each at Mandara and Kibo Huts, and 120 bunk beds at Horombo Hut.Guests are supplied with mattresses and pillows, but sleeping bags are still required. The huts have communal dining halls and basic washrooms, ranging from flushing toilets and running water at the lower huts to long drop toilets and buckets of water at Kibo Hut. Also available for consumption are soft drinks, bottled water, and beer
Know More about this tour
DAY 1: Marangu Gate to Mandara Hut, Elevation (ft): 6,046 ft to 8,858 ft
You shall be collected from your Moshi Hotel 8:00AM , depart Moshi for Marangu Gate for the necessary formalities before beginning our trek. The hiking trail begins by ascending a beautiful, tropical rain forest. At the upper edge of the forest line, we have the opportunity to see blue monkeys. The trail then widens to expose beautiful hillsides until we reach Mandara Hut.
DAY 2: Mandara Hut to Horombo Hut,Elevation (ft): 8,858 ft to 12,205 ft
We start the day continuing through the forest until the trail opens into high moorland. We may get our first views of Kibo and Mawenzi peaks - two of the three volcanic peaks that make up the summit of Kilimanjaro.
DAY 3:Horombo Hut to Mawenzi Ridge ,Elevation (ft): 12,205 ft to 14,400 ft
This is an extra day meant for acclimatization and can be spent day hiking on Mawenzi Ridge. The unique landscape offers motivating views of Kibo and Mawenzi. After spending a few moments exploring the area we head back to Horombo Hut.
DAY 4:Horombo Hut to Kibo Hut
We climb gradually, then cross the lunar desert of the Saddle between Mawenzi and Kibo. Our camp, Kibo Hut, sits at the bottom of the Kibo crater wall. Once here we rest, enjoy an early dinner to prepare for the summit day.
DAY 5 :Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak
Elevation (ft): 15,430 ft to 19,341 ft
Distance: 6 km/4 miles
Hiking Time: 6-8 hours
Uhuru Peak to Horombo Hut
Elevation (ft): 19,341 ft to 12,250 ft
Distance: 16 km/10 miles
Hiking Time: 4-5 hours
Very early in the morning (around midnight), we begin our push to the summit. This is the most mentally and physically challenging portion of the trek. The wind and cold at this elevation and time of day can be extreme. We ascend in the darkness for several hours while taking frequent, but short, breaks. At Gilmans point (18,600 ft), you will be rewarded with the most magnificent sunrise you are ever likely to see coming over Mawenzi Peak. Finally, we arrive at Uhuru Peak- the highest point on Mount Kilimanjaro and the continent of Africa.
After spending a few moments taking in the plains of Africa and your accomplishment, we descend to Horombo Hut. Later in the evening, we enjoy our last dinner on the mountain and a well-earned sleep.DAY 6
Horombo Hut to Marangu Gate
Elevation (ft): 12,205 ft to 6,046 ft
Distance: 20 km/12 miles
Hiking Time: 5-7 hours
Habitat: Rain Forest
On our last day, we have a long trek mostly downhill through the tropical rainforest. Once at the park headquarters at Marangu gate, we collect our summit certificates.
Inclusions for Trek Mount Kilimanjaro Through Marangu Route
- 2 transfers from Moshi to Marangu park gate -return
- 3 meals per day while trekking - Vegetarian/Non-Vegetarian
- 5nights accommodation in Huts while trekking Marangu
- First and Last night accommodation at Buffalo hotel/Similar hotel in Moshi -Bed and Breakfast.
- All park entrance fees and government levies
- English speaking mountain Guide and assistant guides
- Porters- a maximum of 2 per client.
Exclusions for Trek Mount Kilimanjaro Through Marangu Route
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Items and service of personal nature
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mount Kilimanjaro Climb - Tanzania
- Tanzania Family Adventure Safari - 15 Days
- 3-Day Safari Tour to Ngorongoro Crater from Arusha
- 7-Day Safari to Ngorongoro, Serengeti and Lake Manyara from Arusha
- Full-Day Safari in Tarangire National Park
- Full Day To Arusha National Park
- 2 Days Short Safaris- - Lake Manyara Or Tarangire and Ngorongoro Crater
- 5-Day National Park Safari in Tanzania