Trek To Machu Picchu Inca Trail 2 Days - Cusco
OverviewMachu Picchu declared one of the New Seven World Wonders , Machu Picchu is without a doubt the highlight of any traveler's trip to Peru - but reaching the famed citadel by foot along the original Inca Trail adds a special perspective to this mystical experienceThe 2-day Inca Trail trek offers a shortened version of the regular 4-day trek, perfect for visitors who wish to arrive at the ruins by foot, the same way the Incas originally did, but without the strain and time commitment of the classic 4-day Inca Trail. This trek starts at the end of the 4-day trail and follows the final leg of the famous route, arriving to Machu Picchu via the Sun Gate.While walking along the beautifully preserved trail you will see ruins carved out of solid rock and you will also enjoy the jaw dropping scenery of the stunning Andean mountains. The 2-day hike offers a perfect taste of a Peru trekking adventure, with the added comfort of a night at Machu Picchu hotel quality.
Know More about this tourDay 1: Inca Trail - KM. 104 to the Sun Gate
- After breakfast, you will be picked up from your Cusco hotel and transferred to the train station. You'll take the train through the stunning landscapes of the Sacred Valley to the station at KM 104. Here you will begin your hike following the original path of the Incas through the beautiful Andean mountains.
- The first Inca ruins will encounter those of Chachabamba, a small archaeological complex believed to have once been a guard house to Machu Picchu. From here the trail ascends at a gradual incline for three hours until you reach 8,690 feet (2,650 meters). You will visit the site of Wiñay Wayna, which means "Eternal Youth" in the indigenous Quechua language. The name comes from the perennial orchids that speckle the landscape, making Wiñay Wayna perhaps the most beautiful place on the Inca Trail. It is also the last urban center before arriving to Machu Picchu.
- Wiñay Wayna consists of 4 main sectors: the urban sector, located in the lower part and containing more than 20 buildings; the ritual sector; the terraced sector for crops; and the tower sector, which includes the site's finest architecture and was probably a place of religious or social importance.
- After touring the site and lunching, you will continue on to the Inti Punku or the "Sun Gate," from where you can see Machu Picchu in all its majesty and grandeur. From Inti Punku you will hike downhill for roughly 30 minutes to the main citadel, taking in magnificent panoramic views along the way. You will then take a bus into the mountain town of Aguas Calientes, where you will have dinner and spend the night in a comfortable Machu Picchu hotel.
Day 2: Machu Picchu Tour
- Rise early and head to the bus station for the 20-minute drive up to the entrance of Machu Picchu, where you will embark on a guided tour of the citadel. If you choose to breakfast at 5 a.m. or pack a breakfast box, you can reach the date in time to see the sun rise over the Inca ruins.
- The magnificent handiwork of the Incas is abundantly evident even after it was first set into place by genius engineers. The precision of the carved walls contrasts sharply with the wild, verdant mountains and steep highlands. Machu Picchu can be divided into 3 areas: the urban, agricultural, and adjacent zones. In the urban sector you can find the Temple of the Sun, Royal Tomb, ceremonial fountains, Royal Palace, Temple of the Three Windows, Main Temple, Intiwatana and more. The agricultural sector includes the cemetery and the Funeral Rock. Finally, the adjacent zones include Intipunku, the Temple of the Moon, Huayna Picchu, and the Drawbridge
- After your day in Machu Picchu, you will take the bus back to Aguas Calientes to collect your belongings from your hotel and return to Cusco by train, where you will be met for a transfer to your hotel.
Inclusions for Trek To Machu Picchu Inca Trail 2 Days
- With the Inca Trail package you will receive:
Transportation and tickets
- Private Transfer from your Cusco hotel to the train station Ollantaytambo
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Private Transfer from the train station Ollantaytambo to your Cusco hotel
- Meals for the tour ( Box Lunch on the first day)
- Bus tickets: One-way ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes (first day), and roundtrip ticket for Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu (second day)
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes ( accommodation in our lodge that provides spectacular views of the mountains of Machu Picchu)
- Round trip train ticket from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Attentive to our briefing in your hotel one day before the trip
- Enjoy 24/7 In- support after your confirmation and during the activity
- OUR PROMISE: THE BEST VALUE & SERVICE
- Professional guide
Our professional and multilingual guides have excellent knowledge of the Inca Trail and the intricate archaeological, historical, and cultural traditions of the Inca. Additionally, our tour personnel are highly qualified in tour group management and first aid.
Exclusions for Trek To Machu Picchu Inca Trail 2 Days
- Meals for the tour(lunch - Dinner)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.