Trekking Along Transfagarasan Scenic Road - Sibiu
OverviewWe leave Sibiu towards Balea Waterfall, the starting point of our hiking tour. At this point we leave the car, take our backpacks and start the hiking adventure exploring a small part of Carpathians; Fagaras Mountain Range.Just one hour of trekking through the forest and we stop to admire Balea Waterfall, one of the highest in Romania, a spectacular 60 m high.We continue our trekking tour and once we reach Balea Valley the trail will go along the famous road of Romania - Transfagarasan. After 4 or 5 hours of trekking we reach 2030 m where Balea Lake is located. From here you will take stunning pictures with this magnificent surroundings. Balea Lake is one of the most beautiful and largest lakes in Romania.
Know More about this tourIn the morning we leave Sibiu towards Balea Watrfall, the starting point of our trekking tour. Once we reach the cable car station, we leave the car, taking our backpacks and starting the trekking & hiking adventure exploring the Fagaras Mountain Range. The mountain trail starts from 1200 m high, passing through the dense forest of the Carpathians. After one hour we reach Balea Waterfall, one of the highest in Romania, having 60 m high. Here we will take a break to admire the spectacular surrounding and to take some pictures.
Once we cross Balea Passing the valley will open in front of our eyes and for a couple of minutes the ascension will become a pleasant one. From now on we will walk along Transfagrasan scenic road crossing different small creeks enjoying this magnificent mountain scenery. Along this valley there are a few shepherd houses where we can try some of the local cheese. After 3 hours we will reach the top of this trail, located at 2030 m high. Here you can admire the crystal waters of Balea Lake, one of the most beautiful and largest lakes in Romania. You will have the opportunity to take great pictures and serve a delicious Romanian traditional lunch made with polenta and cheese. After lunch we will take the cable car and go back to the parking lot where we left the car.
Before reaching Sibiu we can stop to some interesting site like the Cistercian Abbey or The Clay Castle.
Inclusions for Trekking Along Transfagarasan Scenic Road
- Fuel surcharge
- English speaking mountain guide
Exclusions for Trekking Along Transfagarasan Scenic Road
- Entrance fees
- Cable car ride
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Trekking equipment (rain coats, wind stopper, trekking poles)
Minimum age is 21 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8-Day Hiking Tour through the Carpathian Mountains from Sibiu
- Day trip from Sibiu to Dacian Fortress Hunyadi Castle and Alba Iulia
- From Sibiu: Day Tour to Sighisoara
- 2-Night Dracula City Break from Sibiu
- 3-Night Transylvania City Break from Bucharest
- Hiking in Cindrel Mountains- on the footsteps of the wilderness
- Biertan and Sighisoara Day Trip from Sibiu