Trekking Cañadón De Los Fósiles - El Calafate
OverviewTREKKING details & inclusions: Transfer to Harbor + Sailing the Northern Arm of the Argentino Lake (Icebergs watching and panoramic view of the Upsala Glacier) + 4x4 vehicle ride to Upsala Glacier Viewpoint 14-km trekking descending through the Cañadón de los Fósiles(approximately 4:30hs KEY CONSIDERATIONS Minimum age: 12 years old. This trekking is only suitable for individuals with a good physical condition. This is not recommended for people with vertebral column, hips, ankles and knees problems. It is essential to have trekking shoes, preferably boots with ankle protection.
Know More about this tour
Departing at 8:30hs, from Puerto Punta Banderas, we sail sail the Northern Arm of Lake Argentino to arrive at the allowable navigation limit in the Upsala Channel and then enter the Cristina arm. After disembarking in Estancia Cristina we will ascend along the Feruglio mountain chain, the 9.5-km ride which will lead us up to where the vehicle will be parked. Once there, we begin a trekking up to theViewpoint of the Upsala Glacier, enjoying views of Lake Guillermo and the Eastern front wall of the Upsala Glacier and the Southern Patagonian Ice Field. From here, we will begin the 14-km trekking into the Cañadón de los Fósiles (fossils concentration of unique characteristics; traces of the latest marine ingression which are left exposed after the glacial action). During the trek we have the box lunch (not included in the tour) and then we will reach the valley surrounding the Estancia. Later on we will head towards the boarding shore.
Inclusions for Trekking Cañadón De Los Fósiles
- Professional guide
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Entrance fee
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Trekking Cañadón De Los Fósiles
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 12 years
May be operated by a bilingual guide
Not recommended for pregnant women
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Petrified Forest
- Rios de Hielo Express Sailing
- El Calafate Adventure Tour: Hiking Across El Perito Moreno Glacier
- Full-Day Trekking the Perito Moreno Glacier
- Sailing to Upsala Glacier and Patagonia Adventure to Estancia Cristina
- El Calafate Downhill Mountain Biking Adventure
- Viedma Glacier and El Chalten Day Trip from El Calafate