You will visit the exceptionally large size of the main underground chamber of the Grotta Gigante 98,50 metres high, 76,30 metres wide and 167,60 metres long. Departure towards the beautiful hamlet of Duino and visit the Duino Castle, owned by the Princes of Torre and Tasso, the castle was built in 1300 upon the ruins of an ancient Roman outpost. The massive complex with its composite architectural style overlooks the Gulf of Trieste. Inside, it houses important works of art and refined historical relics. Over the centuries, it has offered hospitality to many illustrious people, including the poet R.M. Rilke, Empress Elisabeth of Austria (known as Sissi), the Archduke Maximilian of Habsburg and his wife Charlotte of Belgium. On the tour of the castle and its gardens, guests can admire the forte-piano played by Franz Liszt, the Palladio staircase, the view of the Gulf of Trieste from the top of the tower, the rampart walls overlooking the sea and the bunker built in 1943 by the German Kriegsmarine.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Details :
Hotel or any other preferred pickup location Cruise passenger terminal
Return Details :
If not otherwise agreed the return location is the same as the pickup location.
OverviewOff to the Karst Plateau to visit the cave Grotta Gigante, one the most interesting sites in the Italian region of Friuli Venezia Giulia, where tourism, environment and scientific research blend together, nature comes in shapes and colours of rare beauty.
- Pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fee to the Giant Cave
- Entrance fee to Duino Castle
- Gratuities (optional)
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Hotel Guests must advise supplier as soon as possible: hotel details or any other preferred pickup location,
Cruise Passengers must advise supplier as soon as possible: ship name, arrival time and departure time,
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour from Trieste: Ljubljana- The Green Capital
- Private Tour From Trieste: Luxurious Designer Shopping
- Private Tour from Trieste: Skocjanske Caves
- Transfer Between Venice And Trieste
- Private Tour: Ljubljana- The Green Capital
- Following in the Footsteps of the First Lady of USA from Trieste
- Postojna Cave and Predjama Castle from Trieste
- Piran Walking Tour and Panoramic Slovenian Coast from Trieste