Triple Crater Hawaii Volcano Hiking Adventure
OverviewHike with an experienced volcano guide to not one, but THREE of the major craters of Mount Kilauea in Hawaii Volcanoes National park in one day! Truly an awesome and unique experience and opportunity to hike these awesome attractions, usually only available if you spend a few days in the park area! All in a single tour! 1) Mauna Ulu, an impressive still-steaming crater in the heart of the park where you can peer down into the depths of the volcano!2) Across Kilauea Iki crater floor, a spectacular hike across the still steaming vents since it's last eruption!3) A easier hike to end the day the 1240m summit of Kilauea Caldera, where you may see the red glow of the lake of lava at Halema'uma'uIncluding both deli-style lunch and local-style dinner, as well as transport in style in new Mercedes Benz high-ceiling van, this moderately strenuous hike will leave a lasting impression of Hawaii's awesome volcanoes that you will never forget.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Excellent value for money
- Small group ensures personal service
- Dinner included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourLeave your Kona or Waikoloa resort or hotel in style in our new high-ceiling Mercedes Benz luxury van. Enjoy deli-style lunch along the historic saddle road while your guide entertains you with stories and information of Hawaii's history and local insight. Your first hike is a 2.5 hour round trip to the summit of Mauna Ulu, where, after your specially-trained guide takes care of the required park and cultural protocols, you will peer down into a steaming crater mouth, still hot since the last eruption that sent lava all the way to the ocean. Weather permitting, you may be able to see the currently erupting Pu'u O'o. Hike number 2 is another 2-hour round trip along the ridge and then across the crater floor of Kilauea Iki. The hike along the ridge takes you through Hawaiian native Ohia forest where your guide will show you the varied plants and wildlife of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. On the crater floor, you'll hike across the awesomely picturesque crater floor amid steam plumes and lava formations. After a brief hike through a lava tube, you'll head for the summit of Kilauea itself, at 1240m high, where after a quick hike you will peer at the lava-induced red glow of Halema'uma'u crater from the highest vantage point. A local-style dinner rounds out this tour before the drive back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Triple Crater Hawaii Volcano Hiking Adventure
- Bottled water
- Entertaining and informative local guide
- All Hawaii Volcanoes National Park entrance fees
Exclusions for Triple Crater Hawaii Volcano Hiking Adventure
- Local-style dinner, lunch and bottled water provided, but alcohol or other beverages not included.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Requires the ability to hike across lava included sometimes steep or uneven surfaces and often uphill.
Children must be accompanied by an adult. Adults responsible for ensuring children can meet the strenuous conditions of this long hike.
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Subject to favorable weather conditions and HVN Park rules, regulations and restrictions.
All guests will be required to sign liability waiver and take this tour at their own risk.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.