Truffle And Wine Tour Snuffle And Truffle: Truffles, Chianti Wine And Olive Oil - Florence
OverviewSchedule10.00 am. Departure from Florence.10.45 am. Arrival at San Miniato (The Truffle Tuscany Town). Truffle hunting tour with dog through woods. According the availability the truffle tour can run in a different place such Chianti Area (Tuscany Castle) or Florence Area (Tuscany Castle)12:00 am. Lunch with truffle based appetizer. Wine Tasting02:00 pm. Departure to Chianti region for wine tasting and olive oil tasting at organic farm included wine tour (see the cellars)04:00 pm. Departure to Florence05:00 pm Return to FlorencePrice includes: Truffle hunting. Lunch with truffle appetizers and Wine Tasting Wine tasting and Olive Oil tasting at the winery (Chianti DOCG and Supertuscan IGT)- Panoramic stops
Know More about this tour
Enjoy the charming Tuscan countryside and the haunting beauty of the Chianti forests.
Truffles were appreciated by the Romans they were believed to to grow as the result of Jupiter throwing lightning at an oak tree.
Jupiter was also a god famed for his many sexual activities, and the truffle has long been regarded as an aphrodisiac.
Truffle Hunt in Tuscany
While Tuscany is often associated with exceptional wines, it is especially renowned for its truffles. It may come as a surprise to some that San Miniato, a small town in Tuscany, supplies nearly 80% of the worlds precious white truffles.
You will take part in a once-in-a-lifetime experience and search for truffles with a truffle-hunting dog through the woods of Tuscany.
Follow the dog hurriedly through the forest as he sniffs about and experience the surge of excitement as he starts digging for this edible treasure (white truffles go for nearly $15,000 per kg).
Truffle Hunt in Tuscany Program
Have you ever imagined going on a walk in the Tuscan woods with a dog and truffle expert to hunt for truffles? The white truffle, the most precious, aromatic and expensive variety, grows only in Italy from October to December. Its aromas vanish very quickly, within a few days. Therefore the only way to taste high quality truffle is to find it and eat it within a day or two.
The truffle hunt is an exciting and memorable experience, a sacred yet secret ritual rarely witnessed by outsiders and a special way to see Tuscany from a different prospective. Your truffle hunting day will start early in the morning, in the Tuscan Crete Senesi, among Italys most important truffle areas. Your local professional truffle hunter (and of course his dog!) will meet you at nine oclock and accompany you on silent paths through the crisp, misty morning air of the Crete. You will look, listen, and learn and in the end you will almost certainly find the precious tuberous, a moment of great excitement.
The truffle hunt lasts about an hour and a half. Then its time to move to the farm and wine cellar for a tasting of local products and a guided sensorial analysis of truffle. Lunch at the farm is available on request at an extra charge of 30 euros per person.
After lunch, make your way through the scenic Tuscan landscape into the region of Chianti. Here you will have the opportunity to experience what is arguably Italys most renowned wine, Chianti. Your guide will teach you everything you need to know about the process of winemaking and the techniques involved in attaining a better appreciation of the wine through the tasting.
Learn about this fascinating precious gourmet product
Hunt truffles with real truffle-hunting dogs
Walk in the beautiful Tuscan landscape
Learn why truffles are such a sough-after gourmet treat!
Inclusions for Truffle And Wine Tour Snuffle And Truffle: Truffles, Chianti Wine And Olive Oil
- Whats Included in Your Truffle Hunt in Tuscany,
- Truffle hunt with an expert truffle hunter and dog.
- Guided analysis lesson with tasting of local food products (bread with olive oil, salami, cheese, wine)
- Total time approximately 2-3 hours.
- Transportation with Local Driver
Exclusions for Truffle And Wine Tour Snuffle And Truffle: Truffles, Chianti Wine And Olive Oil
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Whats Included in Your Truffle Hunt in Tuscany
Truffle hunt with an expert truffle hunter and dog.
Guided analysis lesson with tasting of local food products (bread with olive oil, salami, cheese, wine)
Total time approximately 2-3 hours.
Transportation with Local Driver
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence & Dante Game tour - Art Treasure Hunt - Family Tour
- COLOSSEUM TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN WITH HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- VATICAN MUSEUMS INCLUDING SISTINE CHAPEL FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN
- COLOSSEUM & VATICAN TOUR FROM FLORENCE BY HIGH-SPEED TRAIN & HOP ON HOP OFF BUS
- FIRENZE WALKING TOUR AND CHIANTI TASTING WITH ACCADEMIA OR UFFIZI OPTION
- Duomo Express Guided Tour with No-Wait Access
- FAST-TRACK ON ARRIVAL: Personal Assistant & Porter at Florence SMN Station
- Florence Full Day Tour with David, Duomo, Uffizi, Ponte Vecchio and More