Trujillo City Sightseeing Tour And National University Archeological Museum
OverviewSee Trujillos top sights and orient yourself to this historical city on a 3-hour sightseeing tour. Visit the main square, Plaza de Armas, to see the Freedom Monument and the Trujillo Cathedral, and then take off around the city, passing by lovely colonial mansions, several churches including El Carmen Church and La Merced Church, and other attractions like Plazuela El Recreo. Plus, tour the National University of Trujillo Museum of Archeology, Anthropology and History with an experienced guide. Choose between a group and private tour.
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup, your Trujillo sightseeing tour starts at the citys main square, the Plaza de Armas, known for the Freedom Monument, a large statue created by German artist Edmund Meller. Learn about the significance of this multi-tiered sculpture from your guide, and then head to the Trujillo Cathedral, a beautiful yellow colonial building originally constructed in 1647 that sits on the square.
Next, visit the Urquiaga-Calonge House, a colonial mansion now owned by the Central Reserve Bank of Peru, and then take a panoramic driving tour through the city to see sights like Belem Church, Baanante House, the Central Market and shopping arcades.
Continue to the National University of Trujillo Museum of Archeology, Anthropology and History (Museo de Arqueologa, Antropologa e Historia de la Universidad Nacional de Trujillo). Tour the museum with your guide, checking out its interesting collection of artifacts and other archeological objects from Perus pre-Hispanic cultures. See such pieces as jewelry, ceramics and feather mosaics.
After the museum, hop back in your tour vehicle to continue sightseeing, passing by San Lorenzo Church, El Carmen Church, Campana House and the Trujillo business district. Youll also see sights like San Agustin Church, the Superior Court, La Merced Church, Santa Clara Church and Plazuela El Recreo. Finally, you will reach the Trujillo city wall, a defensive fortress built by the Spaniards between around 1689 to protect the city against pirates and privateers.
Throughout your sightseeing tour, listen to commentary from your knowledgeable guide about the citys history, architecture and culture. Your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Trujillo City Sightseeing Tour And National University Archeological Museum
- Entrance fees
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Trujillo City Sightseeing Tour And National University Archeological Museum
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Note: The National University Archeological Museum is closed on Saturdays and Sundays. If your tour is on Saturday, you will visit the Cassineli Mazzei Collection instead, and if your tour is on Sunday, you will visit Huaman Church
Note: Trujillo's mansions are closed on Sundays, so you will only see Urquiaga-Calonge House from the outside if your tour is on that day
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.