Tsum Valley Trek - Kathmandu
OverviewHIGHLIGHTS Witness majestic views of Ganesh Himal (7,422m) & Mt. Manaslu (8,163m) Explore the exotic Tsum Valley Discover Tibetan Buddhist culture with locals with Tibetan origin in the Tsum Valley Trek into the remote areas of Nepal The remote and rugged Tsum Valley Trek was not opened to global trekkers until 2008, meaning the trails are comparatively less travelled and more adventurous than many other treks in Nepal.On this trek, trekkers will be able to explore the remote and beautiful surroundings of Ganesh Himal, Bouddha Himal and Sringi Himal mountain ranges. The trek starts and concludes at Arughat, 7-8 hours drive from Kathmandu. The initial days of the trek are all about hiking to Budhi Gandaki Valley on remote trails that pass through lush forests, terraced fields and beautiful villages. The trekkers need to leave the main trail of Manaslu Circuit trek to head towards Tsum valley.
Know More about this tourITINERARY
Day 1: Drive Kathmandu to Soti Khola (710m)
Day 2: Trek Soti Khola to Machha Khola (870m) 6/7 hours
Day 3: Trek Machha Khola to Jagat (2340m) 7 hours
Day 4: Trek Jagat to Chisopani (1660m) 5 hours
Day 5: Trek Chisopani to Chumling (2,386m) 7 hours
Day 6: Trek Chumling to Chokhangparo (3,010m) 7 hours
The scenic views of the valley and views of Ganesh Himal amply compensate for todays walk. Cross a huge slip where rocks and flood cleared the area even up onto the opposite bank, killing five in 1999, but is now covered with a forest of new trees.
7: Trek Chokhanparo to Nile (3,361m) Ascending from Chokhangparo, we head east through small villages. Stop for the magnificent view. Gradually climbing over a ridge of chortens, we pass Lama Gaon (3202m) through the flat fields, looking across the extensive crops and river to the huge courtyard of the Rachen Gompa/ Nunnery Gompa (3240m). The friendly people speak Tsumba, related to Tibetan, but often little Nepali and are quite unused to visitors.
8: Trek Nile to Mu Gompa (3,700m) 6 hours
We have a very short and pleasant walk today. We walk to the west bank of the valley through the Tibetan landscapes. We are now almost close to the Tibetan border. After about three hours of walk from Nile we reach Mu Gompa through dry Tibetan country, with rows of chortens and widening mountain vistas. Mu Gompa is a very old monastery with over 100 monks and there are no village establishments here. Mu Gompa is the largest monastery in the region. It is located at the highest and farthest point in the Tsum valley. In an ancient period, this Gompa was visited by David Snellgrove (Himalayan Pilgrimage) in 1956. This trail is used to import and export things to and from Tibet. You may come across several yak trains supplying goods to local villages. As we have enough time left after arrival, we can explore around the Mu Gompa. We can also visit the monastery, Dhephu Doma Gompa. The isolated 600 year-old Dhephu Doma Gompa (3900m) is 30 to 45 minutes uphill on the obvious westward track and has two resident nuns who report seeing snow leopards and musk deer and may give you tea.
Day 9: Trek Mu Gompa to Burgi Village (3,245m) 6 hours
Day 10: Trek Burgi village to Chumling (2,386m) 7 hours
Day 11: Trek Chumling to Philim (1,570m) 7 hours
Day 12: Trek Philim to Khorla Besi (970m) 6 Hours
Day 13: Trek Khorla Besi to Soti Khola (700m) 7 hours
Day 14: Soti Khola to Kathmandu 8 hours
Inclusions for Tsum Valley Trek
- Airport transfers by private vehicle as per the itinerary
- ACAP, MCAP and Manaslu and Tusm Valley restricted area permit
- Local bus from Kathmandu to Sotikhola and return
- Government licensed, experienced English speaking guide
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- All government taxes
- Accommodation in guesthouses during the trek
- Three daily meals during the trek
- First aid kit
- Trekking Map
Exclusions for Tsum Valley Trek
- Nepal visa fees
- Meals and accommodation in Kathmandu
- Travel and medical insurance
- International airfare
- Personal expenses
- Drinks and desserts
- Tips for the guide, porter and driver
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Mount Adventure Holidays
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.