Tulum And Xel-Há All-Inclusive Day Trip From Playa Del Carmen - Playa Del Carmen
OverviewEnjoy history, stunning landscapes and aquatic adventures on this combo tour to Tulum, a bluff-top walled Mayan city, and Xel-HÃ¡, a natural aquarium and theme park. Learn about the ruins of Tulum from an expert guide before frolicking at Xel-HÃ¡, where you can snorkel in a lagoon, float down a river in an inner tube, jump off a cliff or just relax on a beach chair next to iguanas, birds and other wildlife. Food and beverages at Xel-HÃ¡ and hotel pickup and drop-off in Playa del Carmen are included.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup from Playa del Carmen, head south and arrive at Tulum in about an hour. Upon arrival, your jaw drops in awe at the dramatic sight before you: a walled city perched on top of a cliff, overlooking the sparkling Caribbean Sea and flawless white sandy beaches.
During your 45-minute guided tour of Tulum, learn how this former fort and trading post flourished during the 13th and 14th centuries and played a vital role in Mayan civilization. Merchants from Central and South America would pull up to shore and haul loads of animal skins, salt and other marine resources, obsidian, precious stones and other goods into the walled city. The stone perimeter, enclosing most of the city center, measures more than 1,100 feet long and 500 feet high (335 meters by 152 meters), making Tulum the largest fortified Mayan city on the Quintana Roo coast.
Your expert guide takes you around and explains the major features of Tulum: the Castle, where religious ceremonies were held and which may also have served as a lighthouse; the mysterious symbols in the Temple of the Descending God; and the murals in the Temple of the Frescoes.
Before leaving, admire the stone, cliffs, white sand and azure blue waters one more time, and then enjoy the 20-minute ride north to Xel-H.
This natural aquatic theme park, located on an inlet along the Riviera Maya, is a combination of creeks, lagoons, natural wells and caves formed over millions of years by underground rivers feeding into the Caribbean.
Snorkel and swim in a lagoon teeming with colorful angelfish and rich marine vegetation. Walk or bicycle down the paved trails and greet iguanas, native birds and other wildlife along the way; or climb to the top of a river and float down in an inner tube. The adventurous can cross a suspended rope bridge, or jump off a cliff into the river below. Explore ancient caves with pools of water, find the hidden beach, or plop yourself down on a beach chair to soak up the sun and gaze at the alluring blue-green Caribbean Sea.
Your all-inclusive tour of Xel-H comes with snorkeling gear and towels (rental provided but deposit required), locker use, and food and beverages at the parks five restaurants. Depending on what strikes your fancy, enjoy a selection of Mayan cuisine, burgers and seafood, with alcoholic drinks and nonalcoholic refreshments included.
With your thirst for history, beauty and adventure satiated, youll be transported back to your Playa del Carmen hotel.
Inclusions for Tulum And Xel-Há All-Inclusive Day Trip From Playa Del Carmen
- Entrance fee and guided tour at Tulum
- Entrance fee at Xel-Ha
- Food and beverages at Xel-Ha
- Use of lockers, towels and snorkel equipment at Xel-Ha
- Inner tubing at Xel-Ha
- Bicycle ride at Xel-Ha
- Rest areas (hammocks) at Xel-Ha
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Tulum And Xel-Há All-Inclusive Day Trip From Playa Del Carmen
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional activities at Xel-Ha (see the Additional Info for a list)
- Drop-off service at the Courtyard by Marriott and Secrets Excellence Playa Mujeres hotels
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child prices are height dependent: children over 4.6 feet (1.4 meters) pay the adult price; children between 3.2 feet (1 meter) and 4.6 feet (1.4 meters) pay the child price; all children under 3.2 feet (1 meter) travel free provided they do not occupy a seat
Optional activities include: Swim with Dolphins (USD $99), Dolphin Trek (USD $149), Sea Trek (USD $49), Snuba (USD $49), Manatee Encounter (USD $79), Stingray Encounter (USD $49), Zip Bike (USD $29), Temaxcal ($USD 31)
What to bring:
Comfortable lightweight clothing
Good walking shoes or sneakers
Dry change of clothing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.