Tulum Combo Tour: Archaeological Site, Cenotes And Yalku Lagoon - Playa Del Carmen
OverviewGet ready to enjoy a day full of history, culture and adventure. Walk through the ruins of Tulum - one of the last cities inhabited by the the Mayan people. Explore two unique cenotes that are part of the world's oldest underground river systems. Jump into Yalku - a breathtaking lagoon teeming with aquatic life and ideal for snorkeling. These are three of the main attractions of the Riviera Maya and they are now together in one eco-diverse tour. Lunch, entrance fees, a professional guide and transport are all included.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour combo tour starts with hotel pickup as you head to the ancient city of Tulum. See the most majestic and best-preserved ruins of the Mayan culture accompanied by expert guides who will explain all of the details of this ancient center for Mayan trade, built on a cliff overlooking the sea. Listen to the alluring tales of times past and picture the town when it was bustling with the Mayan people.
Immerse yourself in the Mayan history as your guide walks you through the ruins and shares interesting facts, stories and speculations about this interesting city. After the guided tour, take your time journeying through the archaeological site on your own, or jump into the ocean from the hidden beach behind the Mayan castle at the foot of these beautiful ruins.
Continue on to the next stop and jump into two exceptional cenotes (or natural sinkholes). Cenotes are found in only a few places in the world, and in the Mayan Riviera, they form the longest chain of underground rivers in the world. Explore the impressive caves and ancient rock formations. Cenotes range in depth from 2 inches deep to areas where you will let your lifejacket float you along this refreshing groundwater cave system. A rare and fascinating learning experience.
Then, head to Yalku Lagoon for snorkeling and wade into the most beautiful estuary, where fresh water from the underground rivers combines with salt water from the sea to create a unique environment teeming with aquatic life above and below the halocline. You will see hundreds of variety of sea and freshwater fish. Beautiful, colorful and lively - you could spend the entire day at YalKu and not see each and every type of fish. The shallow rock-reefs are the perfect area for snorkeling and are what make Yalku a hidden gem along the Caribbean coast.
Your tour ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Tulum Combo Tour: Archaeological Site, Cenotes And Yalku Lagoon
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Snorkeling gear
- Life jacket
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Tulum Combo Tour: Archaeological Site, Cenotes And Yalku Lagoon
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
Guests must be relatively fit and must be able to swim.
For safety reasons, we do not recommend participation on any snorkel activity if you are pregnant, have respiratory problems, injuries, back/neck issues, heart conditions, or conditions that can cause loss of consciousness.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mayan Jungle Mountain Bike Tour for Beginners with Cenote Swim
- Discover Scuba Diving Course in Playa del Carmen
- 2-Tank Morning or Afternoon Dives in Playa del Carmen
- Day Trip to Tulum from Riviera Maya or Cancun
- Chichen Itza Day Trip from Playa del Carmen
- Private Tour: Bird Watching from the Riviera Maya