Turkish Coffee Tour And Coffee-Making Class - Istanbul
OverviewPerfect the art of pouring a delicious cup of Turkish coffee on a 3.5-hour coffee tour that includes a coffee-making class! Practice preparation techniques at a local coffee shop and stop at several venues for coffee tastings. Youll learn about the long tradition of making Turkeys national drink as you visit the spice bazaar, Ottoman coffee storage sites and some of the oldest coffee houses in Istanbul. Enjoy personal attention from your guide on this small-group tour, limited to 15 coffee lovers.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
Coffee, considered Turkeys national drink, has a long historical tradition that harkens back to the Ottoman Empire. Continue the custom as you delight in making that perfect cup or at least tasting one!
After your guide picks you up at your hotel, start your small-group tour with a 30-minute workshop learning to prepare a delectable cup of authentic Turkish coffee. Prepared in a special copper pot on a heated sand furnace, the beverage is brewed slowly over a low fire, resulting in a foamy texture and fine taste. Afterward, youll even receive a course certificate!
Your guide will tell you about the sultans' prohibition decrees after the Ottomans brought the first coffee beans to Istanbul in 1519. Learn about the first coffee shops that opened some 30 years later in Istanbuls Eminn district. Then, follow your guide on a historical route where youll have the opportunity to taste Turkish coffee at several venues.
Traveling along narrow streets, visit Ottoman coffee storages, an intriguing old spice bazaar and the Kurukahvedji Inn, one of the oldest coffee-trading company buildings. Along the way, your guide will exhilarate you with stories from the past as you sip each tasty glass!
Inclusions for Turkish Coffee Tour And Coffee-Making Class
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Hotels on the European side of Istanbul only)
- Turkish Coffee
Exclusions for Turkish Coffee Tour And Coffee-Making Class
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.