Turkish Hammam Bath Experience - IstanbulWrite a Review
From USD 92.34
OverviewEnjoy the Hammam as it have been done for centuries and feel like a Sultan in the most luxurious Turkish Bath.Turkish baths are a great escape for all seasons. No matter the time of year, you can enjoy a bath that gives a sense of relaxation in a historical place of beauty and art to ponder life, or just let the cares of the world soak away.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourThe Hammam you will go to is located on Cemberlitas Square on Divanyolu Street situated in the midst of some of Istanbul’s greatest monuments. It is next to the Vezirhan monument erected by Constantine I (324 – 327). The Köprülü Mahmud Pasha complex with its mosque, school and tombs are directly opposite the bath and at its sides are the Vezir Han and the old university building. Also in the near vicinity of the bath are the tomb of Sultan Mahmut II and its treasury, the Köprülü Library, the Atik Pasa Mosque and school and the tomb of Ali Baba.
The attendants will be provided with a peshtemal (a thin cotton towel to wrap yourself) and a regular towel to use after bathing. It is okay to bring your bathing suit or bikinis. The duration of bath glove application and the traditional soap massage is 30 minutes but you are allowed to spend as much time in the Turkish bath as you wish.
The bath was established by Nurbanu Sultan, wife of Selim II and mother of Murat III, for the purpose of bringing in revenue to support the Valide-i Atik Charity Complex in Toptasi, Üsküdar. According to the Tuhfet’ül-mi’mârin, the bath is one of the structures built by the architect Sinan, in 1584.
Female and male sections are separated in traditional hammams. Yet the bathing rituals are similar between the sexes. The hammam experience is about leaving yourself in the hands of your tellak or natir, the male or female attendants respectively, who guide visitors through the progressively warmer sections of the bath.
Inclusions for Turkish Hammam Bath Experience
- Entrance fees
- Kese & Köpük (Scrubbing, Peeling and bubbles bath )
Exclusions for Turkish Hammam Bath Experience
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Tour Guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.