Turnagain Arm Tour - Anchorage
OverviewSpend six hours on a half-day tour of the scenic Turnagain Arma narrow branch of the Cook Inlet that's backed by the Chugach Mountains. Drive on America's most scenic road, the famous Seward Highway, and stop atspots like Beluga Point to scan the landscape for wildlife. At the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, see where injured and orphaned animals are brought to be rehabilitated, and get up close to large mammals like caribou, bison, and elk. Enjoy lunch in the town of Girdwood and drive through the Chugach Mountains, before finishing the guided, small group tour with a hotel drop-off in Anchorage.
- Get up-close to native wildlife
- Popular choice with kids
- Small group ensures personal service
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a professional photographer
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
From the time your guide meets you at 9am in front of your Anchorage hotel, this tour is full of the wildlife and scenery thatmade you want to visit Alaska.
Leave the rush of Anchorage behind as you drive on the Seward Highway, wherethe Chugach Mountains dramatically rise up from the waters of Turnagain Arm. Because this tour is only for small groups, you're ensured an intimate, personalized experience with your local Alaska guide, who can also provide tips on wilderness photography and how to capture the beauty. At scenic stops like Beluga Point, scan the horizon for caribous and mooseandsnap a couple of photos, as you drive toward the edge of Portage Valley and the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
Inside this 140-acre compound, learn how injured and orphaned animals are cared for and rehabilitated, and get up close to moose, muskox, bears, eagles and deer. After experiencing Alaska's largest land mammals you'll continue the tour in Girdwooda small but popular ski resort town at the base of Mt. Alyeska. Purchaselunch in a local eatery and explore a bit around town, before making the drive through the Chugach Mountains for unforgettable views.
At the end of six hours, this tour finishes when your guide drops you back at your Anchorage hotel.
Inclusions for Turnagain Arm Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Turnagain Arm Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Anchorage Transfer: Anchorage Airport to Whittier Cruise Port
- Helicopter Tour and Glacier Landing from Anchorage
- Anchorage Transfer: Whittier Cruise Port to Anchorage Airport
- Anchorage Craft Brewery Tour and Tastings
- Anchorage Trolley Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Anchorage International Airport