Turquoise Coast Kayaking, Sandboarding And Pinnacles Tour - Perth
OverviewThis wildlife and nature tour of the Turquoise Coast is full of adventure. We kayak through crystal clear waters to a deserted island except for the local wildlife, have a picnic lunch, sand surf down the giant Lancelin Sand Dunes, see wildflowers in season and wander through the Pinnacles Desert and Discovery Centre. On this tour we often see seals, dolphins, sea eagles, humpback whales in season, wildflowers in season, kangaroos and emus.
Know More about this tourAfter collecting you from your accommodation in the city, we head north to the sleepy little crayfishing village of Lancelin. Here we will unload our pedal powered kayaks and paddle boards and head over to Lancelin Island which is a small deserted island not far from the mainland. The waters are crystal clear and there is a beautiful little lagoon for swimming and sun baking. We often see seals around the island and there is an abundance of bird life including the beautiful Osprey or Sea Eagle. Keep your eye out for the Lancelin Island Skink and in season we sometimes see migrating humpback whales from the lookout.
Once we have finished exploring the island we head back to the mainland for a barbeque lunch on the foreshore and a chance to change in to dry clothes. After lunch we head further north along the Indian Ocean Drive and during the wildflower season we stop at Ngilgen Lookout to do a walk trail to see the wildflowers. Now we continue our journey north to the Pinnacles Desert, a truly unique natural landscape. You can go through the Discovery Centre and learn about the origin of the Pinnacles and the animals that live in the desert before wandering through the desert on the various walk trails.
Now time to head south back down to Lancelin where we will get out our custom built sandboards so you can experience the thrill of sand surfing down the giant sand dunes. If conditions are suitable, we will also send our Mavic Pro Drone up in to the air to take some aerial shots of everyone going down the sand dunes.
Once you are all exhausted, time to jump back in the bus and take you back to your accommodation. Throughout the tour your expert guide will tell you about the native plants and wildlife, give you some of the history of the early European Explorers who first visited our coast and tell you about the local Aboriginal Culture and Lifestyle before European Settlement.
Inclusions for Turquoise Coast Kayaking, Sandboarding And Pinnacles Tour
- Entrance fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- National Park fees
- All activities
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Turquoise Coast Kayaking, Sandboarding And Pinnacles Tour
- We have water on the bus and you can purchase additional snacks and drinks in Lancelin.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Perth City of Lights Dinner Cruise
- Perth and Fremantle Tour Including Fremantle Prison and Dinner
- Pinnacles and Swan Valley Day Trip from Perth Including Caversham Wildlife Park, Vineyard Lunch, Pinnacles and Sandboarding
- Perth Zoo General Entry Ticket and Sightseeing Cruise
- Claremont Heritage Tour from Perth
- Perth Shore Excursion: Fremantle Hop-On Hop-Off Tram Tour