Immerse yourself in the picture-perfect postcard landscape of the Tuscan countryside among the lush hills, endless vineyards and ancient castles of Tuscanys beautiful Chianti region. This tiny corner of paradise has captured the hearts, minds and palates of all who have visited it over its millennial history, and we have planned the perfect full day Tuscany castles tour from Florence to explore the noble traditions and prestigious historic residences of this realm, not to mention a visit to a family-owned cellar, and tastings that include four world-famous local wines!
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Begin your adventure into the magic of Tuscany from your meeting point in Florence, where you will meet up with your expert local guide. You will then hop aboard a comfortable private coach to leave Renaissance Florence behind to discover the rural surroundings and Medieval history that paved the way for the opulent wealth and extraordinary artistic achievements it boasts.
After a short hour-long transfer filled with captivating commentary from your guide, you will come to your first stop of the day, Verrazzano Castle. This privately owned medieval gem dominates the areas rolling hills with its tower and is still inhabited today inside a parameter that was laid down as an Etruscan settlement.
During your tour of the castle you will experience what it was like to call such a residence home in centuries past, before visiting the wine cellars with an equally amazing history with roots dating to the year 1150. Indulge in a three flight guided tasting of Chiantis famous wines, including a Chianti Classico DOGC, with local extra-virgin olive oil and pecorino cheese topped with the castles own balsamic dressing, all of which will be available to you for purchase in the castle boutique!
Board your private coach again for the quick 20-minute trip to the picturesque town of Greve in Chianti, where you will enjoy free time for lunch in one of its many authentic Tuscan restaurants with insider recommendations from your guide on where to go to enjoy the best in Chiantis regional cuisine.
After your break in Greve in Chianti, youll board your private coach again for a bus tour of local winding roads and evocative landscapes until you arrive at Brolio Castle. Considered one of the most beautiful on the Italian peninsula, this privately owned jewel has been inhabited by the Ricasoli family since 1141. Learn its spectacular history as part of Florences bulwark against its rival Siena, as well as sieges from the Spanish and the Aragonese in the 15th century.
One of its many illustrious owners, Baron Bettino Ricasoli, was Italys 2nd Prime Minister and created the first known Chianti recipe" in 1872, recommending 70% Sangiovese, 15% Canaiolo and 15% Malvasia Bianca. Your guided visit includes its lush Italian gardens, the family chapel and crypt, as well as a walk along the ramparts to survey the surrounding vineyards. You will then be treated to a tasting of the castles own local wine and be able to browse the wine shop for delicious wines, olive oil, honey and jam to take home.
Once more you will be escorted aboard your private coach for the bus ride back to Florence as you continue to absorb the days beautiful places and unforgettable experiences in the sign of Tuscanys amazing castles and wine.
Inclusions for Tuscany Castles Tour With Wine Tasting
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Groups of 25 people or less
- Wine Tasting of 4 local wines
- Olive oil and balsamic vinegar tasting
- All transfers in an air conditioned bus
Exclusions for Tuscany Castles Tour With Wine Tasting
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food/Beverage (when not mentioned in the Inclusions)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This service ends at 6:30pm outside M. Novella Train Station.
Clients must arrive at the designated meeting point 15 minutes prior to the scheduled tour time.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended.
We regret that we are unable to accommodate guests with wheelchairs, pushchairs, strollers or mobility impairments on our tours.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Florence Super Saver: Best Of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery And Florence Duomo
- Cooking Class And Lunch At A Tuscan Farmhouse With Local Market Tour From Florence
- Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip From Florence
- Bologna Food Walking Tour
- Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour From Florence
- Florence Sightseeing Tour With Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills And Italian Cuisine
- Skip The Line: Florence Accademia Gallery Tickets
- Skip The Line: Florence Uffizi Gallery Tickets