OverviewSee the very best of Tuscany on a full-day trip from Rome! Traveling to the stunning Val d'Orcia region, south of Siena, you'll be introduced to a beautiful landscape where medieval towns cling to sunny hills and rustic farms adorn the countryside. With an expert guide, you'll visit Montelpulciano, Montalcino and the UNESCO World Heritage-listed Pienza, sampling fine wines and local delicacies as you go!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Get inside tips from a local
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourHeading north out of Rome by luxury coach, your Tuscany day trip first takes you to Montepulciano, famous for its vino and views! Nestled in southern Tuscany, Montelpulciano is a Renaissance hill-town, famed for its Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, a red wine. With your guide, take a walking tour and see the Florentine-style clock tower, the Etruscan city walls, medieval wine cellars and the interestingly unfinished Duomo.
After a stop for photos, get back on your coach to travel west into the heart of Tuscany, to the area surrounding Montalcino. Here you'll visit the gorgeous Sant' Antimo Abbey, where the stone walls ring with the sound of Gregorian chants, before admiring the views over the town's vineyards.
The rich Brunello di Montepulciano red wine is produced at these vineyards, and you'll sample a glass over a three-course lunch at one of the area's traditional farms! Featuring produce grown on the farm, your lunch allows you to dine in true Tuscan style before enjoying a wine tasting of each of the wines grown on site.
Spend part of your afternoon in the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town of Pienza, where you'll have approximately 45 minutes to explore at your leisure. The town's layout was designed by Pope Pius II in the 14th century, as he wanted to transform the look of his birthplace. As you explore independently, soak up the serene ambience that stays true to the Pope's vision, and marvel at the town’s beautiful ancient architecture. Be sure to look in the shops for Pienza's most famous product – Pecorino cheese!
As your day comes to an end, meet your guide back at the coach for the relaxing return journey to Rome.
Inclusions for Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour From Rome
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch and wine tasting on a Tuscan farm
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Customers who have not reached Italy's legal drinking age of 18 will not be served alcohol
Not wheelchair accessible
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
We regret that we are unable to accommodate pushchairs or strollers on our group tours
Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders and backs must be covered
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.