Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip With Chianti Dinner: Siena And San Gimignano - Florence
OverviewHead to the Tuscan hills on a day trip from Florence to visit Siena, San Gimignano and, finally, a Chianti winery for dinner! Journey through stretches of glorious Tuscan countryside, and discover Sienas charms and history on a walking tour. Explore Piazza del Campo, meander around the quieter backstreets and try a local food specialty before visiting the nearby hilltown of San Gimignano. As the day winds to an end, watch the sun set from a Chianti winery while feasting on a 3-course dinner with wine, dessert wine and cookies.Numbers are limited to 16 on this small-group tour, ensuring a personalized experience.
- Dinner included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourBoard your air-conditioned minibus in central Florence, and travel into the beautiful Tuscan countryside that surrounds the city. Rolling green hills, punctuated by cypress treelined lanes and olive groves, characterize the gorgeous landscape that stretches out in front of you.
Soak up the scenery as you relax on the journey to Siena, Tuscanys second-largest city. In ancient times, the city competed with Florence for power, wealth and artistic beauty; today the city holds a reputation as an urban gem in Tuscanys crown. Enjoy a walking tour, seeing Piazza del Campo site of the annual Palio horse race as well as the enchanting backstreets that many visitors fail to discover. Learn about Sienas history and hear tales of the contrades for which Siena is famous. Loosely translated as districts, the contrades have individual legacies of traditions and emotions, and each boasts their own flag and anthems.
Before leaving Siena, enjoy a surprise food tasting of a traditional local specialty. Then, reboard your minibus and travel to San Gimignano, another beautiful Tuscan hilltop town. Famed for its medieval skyscrapers and twisting stone streets, the charming town is the ideal place to wind down with some free time and explore.
From San Gimignano, continue through the countryside and stop at a Chianti winery in time to see the sun go down over dinner. If the weather is good, take a seat at an outdoor table or alternatively, eat inside and gaze at the Tuscan sun setting over the hills while savoring a meal of traditional Tuscan specialties with wine.
When your meal is finished, travel with your guide back to the start point in central Florence where your evening experience ends.
Inclusions for Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip With Chianti Dinner: Siena And San Gimignano
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Professional guide
- Siena walking tour
- Surprise food tasting
- Dinner with wine
- 1 glass of vinsanto
Exclusions for Tuscany Small-Group Day Trip With Chianti Dinner: Siena And San Gimignano
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Bruschetta with Tuscan olive oil
- Platter of cheese and locally cured cold meat
- Tuscan ribollita (country-style soup made with bread, cannellini beans and vegetables)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below).
The tour will never be cancelled due to rain.
We will do our best to proceed with the bike tour, however, in case of heavy rain, we might decide to stop the bike tour and proceed with a walking tour instead (or just start with a walking tour if the weather does not allow to use the bikes at the time of the meeting point). Should the weather get better during the tour, we will try to get back on board, when possible.
Guest options on rainy days:
Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather - with the understanding that no refund or discount will be given if bikes are not ridden due to rain, or if the bike tour is abbreviated due to rain. We will do our best to get you on a bike, weather permitting.
Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the possible rain".
We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly.
No-shows will not be refunded."
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Overview of Florence Walking Tour
- Small-Group Palazzo Vecchio Secret Passages Tour with Lunch
- Vespa Tour of Fiesole and Mugello from Florence Including Wine and Espresso Tasting
- Private Tour: Florence Walking Tour
- Private tour Dan Brown Inferno Tour of Florence
- Livorno Arrival Transfer: Cruise Port to Central Florence