Tuscany Wine Tasting And Food: Private Tour Siena And San Gimignano - Rome
OverviewTravel through Italy on a full-day journey from Rome, through the hills of Chianti, to the cities of San Gimignano and Siena.Arriving in San Gimignano, a Unesco World Heritage Site, explore its charming medieval streets and sample the world-famous Vernaccia white wine, visit a local winery for a Chianti tasting with local appetizers.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Excellent value for money
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
Get picked up at your hotel in central Rome and enjoy traveling through the hills of Chianti to visit the cities of San Gimignano and Siena.
San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is known as 'The City of the Hundred Towers and it still maintains its original features and timeless charm. Furthermore, the name 'San Gimignano' is linked to one of the most historical Tuscan wines: La Vernaccia di San Gimignano.
Arriving in San Gimignano, you'll explore its charming medieval streets and visit the old center of this wonderful city. Stop for wine tasting and local products in a beautiful wine cellar, sampling 10 different types of wine and oil, then visit the estate and learn about the processing of the grapes. Have lunch in the restaurant of the estate.
Then continue to Siena, a beautiful Medieval city in Italy. We will visit the heart of Siena and the central square known as 'Piazza del Campo,' known worldwide for the famous Palio. The horse race around the square in a Medieval style runs twice each summer. Siena is famous not only for its wine but also for its sweets: the 'Panpepato,' 'Panforte,' and 'Ricciarelli.' Stop for a good Italian coffee and taste a typical sweet of Siena.
Return to Rome at 5:00pm.
Inclusions for Tuscany Wine Tasting And Food: Private Tour Siena And San Gimignano
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Tour-guide escort
- Wine tasting and local products
- Lunch at San Gimignano estate
- Pickup and drop-off hotel/accommodation (inside Aurelian Wall)
Exclusions for Tuscany Wine Tasting And Food: Private Tour Siena And San Gimignano
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to weather condition the itinerary might be changed
This private tour is limited to 12 people
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience