Twickenham Stadium Tour And World Rugby Museum - London
OverviewGo behind the scenes at Twickenham Stadium, the world’s most famous rugby stadium and the Home of England Rugby, on a guided tour. Spend just over an hour exploring the stadium from a bird’s eye view of the bowl from the top of the stands to a visit to the royal box and other VIP areas. In the England dressing room, sit in the seat of your favorite players and learn about the pre-match rituals. Finally imagine the fans roaring as you leave the players tunnel to walk pitch-side to the World Rugby Museum.
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourMeet the tour guide at The Rugby Store located in Twickenhams south stand, its recommended you arrive a little early to have time to look around the store first. Then set off on your behind-the-scenes tour of the worlds most famous rugby stadium which hosted 10 matches in Rugby World Cup 2015 including the thrilling final.
Twickenham is easily reached by public transport from central London stations including London Waterloo, Clapham Junction, Vauxhall and Richmond. Alternatively the 281 bus route stops outside the south stand. By car the stadium is located off the A316 and has free onside car parking.
The tour visits many areas of the building not open to the public on match days including into the players tunnel and dressing room where you can follow in the footsteps of your favorite players both past and present. It doesnt have to be all about rugby though, look out for the stadiums collection of paintings and sculptures and learn about the many concerts held at Twickenham from the Rolling Stones to Bon Jovi and Rhiannon.
At the end of the tour the guide will leave you at the entrance to World Rugby Museum; this give you freedom to look around at leisure. Learn how a school boy game became the global professions sport it is today. Did William Webb Ellis really run with the ball? See a glittering array of trophies including the intricately detailed Calcutta Cup made from 270 silver rupees and in the interactive Play Rugby Zone put your rugby skills to the test. There is also plenty of film footage to watch as you relive some of rugbys most famous moments.
Twickenham is a working stadium, there is always activity going on, from preparation for an event to pitch maintenance. This can often add to the tour experience and you never know what or who you may see. If you fancy a sit down at the end of the visit refreshments can be purchased from the Caf Bar in the Marriott Hotel located in the south stand.
Inclusions for Twickenham Stadium Tour And World Rugby Museum
- Professional guide
- Stadium tour
- Admission to the World Rugby Museum
- 10% discount off any purchase of 40 or more at The Rugby Store
Exclusions for Twickenham Stadium Tour And World Rugby Museum
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children (0-18 years)must be accompanied by an adult
Please note: to redeem your 10% discount in The Rugby Store simply show this voucher. The discount is only available on the date of the stadium tour visit
Please note: the World Rugby Museum will be closed from March to December 2017
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Transfer: London to Oxford Bicester Village for Shopping for Up to 4 Passengers
- London Photography Tour at Night
- London St Pancras Eurostar Private Arrival Transfer
- Buckingham Palace Tour Including Afternoon Tea
- Private Arrival Transfer: Heathrow Airport to Central London
- Small-Group River Thames Bike Tour