OverviewDo not miss the opportunity with this two day tour from Athens to see and visit the majestic Meteora grey rocks and its cliff-top monasteries.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDay 1: Athens Delphi - Kalambaka (D)
Arrive at Delphi at around noon. Famous for its ancient ruins including a theater and the Temple of Apollo, Delphi was considered the center of the earth and universe, and played a central role in the classical Greek world.
On arrival, visit the the mountainside archaeological site and view the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle.
In the afternoon, after lunch (own expense) travel through central Greece and the city of Lamia. After a short stop in Lamia, continue to the city of Trikala for a short stop and cross the Thessalian Plain to Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks crowned by the Meteora monasteries.
Followinga short stop for souvenir-shopping, stay overnight in Kalambaka at your choice of a centrally located 3- or 4-star hotel in the town.
Overnight: 3-star Orfeas Hotel or 4-star Divani Meteora Kalambaka
Day 2: Kalambaka Meteora Athens (B)
Leave in the morning for a tour of nearby Meteoras monasteries. Visit two different Byzantine monasteries built on rocktops and commanding fantastic views over the plain.
Meteora is included on the UNESCO World Heritage list. Built on the top of sandstone pillars, the monasteries provided monks with totally inaccessible retreats for centuries. Meteora is considered one of the most beautiful area of mainland Greece, and its monasteries are one of its most unusual and distinctive attractions.
During your return to Athens, enjoy an optional visit to a factory making Byzantine-style icons, and stop for photos at the monument to the heroic Leonidas, King of Sparta, at Thermopylae. Your tour returns to Athens in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Two Day Delphi And Meteora Tour From Athens
- Overnight at DIVANI KALAMBAKA 4* (A class)
- Overnight at Orfeas Hotel 3* (tourist class)
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Free WI-FI at hotels and coaches
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
Exclusions for Two Day Delphi And Meteora Tour From Athens
- Entrance fees of Delphi museum
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.