OverviewDiscover the artwork and traditional architecture of UbudBalis cultural heartlandon a full-day tour. Youll experience this top destination with a knowledgeable local guide, who accompanies you to several highlights in Ubud and its surrounding countryside. See traditional Balinese paintings and woodcarvings at the Puri Lukisan Museum, and visit Puri Saren Ubud (Ubud Palace) for a glimpse of the royal residence. Find local crafts at the Ubud traditional art market and venture into Petulu Village in search of nesting herons. Round-trip hotel transport by air-conditioned vehicle is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Ubud, known as an artist village for centuries, draws many visitors who seek crafted treasures in this cultural center of Bali. Meet your knowledgeable guide upon hotel pickup and drive by air-conditioned vehicle to central Ubud. En route, stop to view some Balinese traditional houses, which demonstrate a unique architectural design compared to those built in modern times.
When you reach the Puri Lukisan Museum, follow your guide on a tour of the exhibits, where you’ll find works of famous Balinese painters and sculptors on display. Learn about the traditional wayang-style paintings that dominated Balinese art prior to the 1920s, and Ubud’s royal houses and temples that were its main patrons. View works by contemporary Ubudian artists as well as traditional schools of art such as Batuan—practiced by Brahman artists—and Sanur, which features highly stylized paintings of sea creatures and other animals.
Not far from the museum is Puri Saren Ubud, a royal palace of Ubud’s last king. Your guide will point out the beautiful Balinese architectural design of the traditional buildings, now the center of Ubud’s cultural life. Head just across the road from the palace to explore Ubud’s traditional art market, where various Balinese traditional and contemporary artworks are sold. Walk around the daily market and browse for souvenirs from local merchants, who offer bargains on paintings and wood sculptures.
Next, leave central Ubud behind to explore the beautiful countryside, passing rice fields on your way to Petulu Village. You’ll be in awe of the numerous white herons (kokokan) that inhabit the trees, where they've been protected and undisturbed since 1965. Observe thousands of birds that nest in the treetops from October through March, when their eggs hatch. After this fantastic nature sighting, your guide will return you to your Ubud hotel.
Inclusions for Ubud Art, Architecture And Petulu Village Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
Exclusions for Ubud Art, Architecture And Petulu Village Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.