OverviewEnjoy a day on Englandâs most beautiful lake, Ullswater. Ullswater âSteamersâ create the perfect opportunity to enjoy the spectacular scenery of the Ullswater valley, with views from the lake that you just don't get from the road. Opportunities to break your journey at one of our 3 piers to explore and maybe stop for lunch or afternoon tea. The sailings also link with some of the most famous and enjoyable walks in the Lake District.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Choice of seating available
- Family friendly
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tourOur main base at starting point is at Glenridding Pier. There is a pay & display car park at the pier. Board the boat and sit back, relax and enjoy the spectacular scenery. The southern reach of the lake has dramatic views of the rugged mountains. If you visit in Spring you may be lucky enough to see Wordsworth's Daffodils on the lake shore. The first stop is Howtown, approx 35 minutes from Glenridding. This is a popular departure point for walkers, many of whom walk the 7 miles back to Glenridding. If you remain on the boat here you will soon pass the world-famous Sharrow Bay Hotel, followed by Ullswater Yacht Club. Our third Pier is at Pooley Bridge, approx 1 hour from Glenridding. Depending on the time of day and timetable there is chance to break your journey here and explore the pretty village, with a few shops and places to eat. Reboard the boat for the return journey to Glenridding via Howtown.
This tour can be started from Pooley Bridge, just be aware the parking is a short walk from Pooley Bridge Pier.
There is a choice of seating on board the boats, open, covered and in cosy heated saloons.
Due to the historic nature of the vessels wheelchair access is not always possible.
Inclusions for Ullswater Lake Boat Ride
- Sightseeing cruise
Exclusions for Ullswater Lake Boat Ride
- The listed price does not include a parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.