Uluru (Ayers Rock) And The Olgas Tour Including Sunset Dinner From Alice Springs
OverviewGet the full Ayers Rock experience on this day trip from Alice springs to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park. World Heritage-listed Uluru, the large sandstone rock formation in the heart of the Australian Outback, is home to Aboriginal art, mysteries and legends. See and learn about it all on guided walks around the base of the rock, plus visit another large rock formation, Kata Tjuta (aka the Olgas). End your experience with a buffet dinner and sparkling wine at sunset, when the changing colors of Uluru make the place even more magical.
- Instant Confirmation
- Buffet dinner included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour day trip to Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park starts in the early morning when you depart Alice Springs by air-conditioned coach. Head southwest on Highway 87, passing by the West MacDonnell Ranges. After about an hour and 15 minutes of driving, stop at Stuarts Well, a typical Outback roadhouse where you will enjoy a light or hot breakfast.
Back on the bus, traverse the remote landscape of endless Outback plains, enjoy a view of Mt Ebenezer and stop for morning tea (typically a cool drink or hot billy tea, served with a lamington, a traditional Aussie cake) at the Mt Conner lookout point. Continue the drive to Uluru, admiring sand ridges covered in desert oak trees and watching for huge road trains (semi trucks pulling several trailers of freight).
When you arrive at Uluru, a UNESCO World Heritage site known as Ayers Rock in English, youll take part in several activities that will introduce you to the history, culture and geology of this massive sandstone rock formation. Enjoy guided walks around the entire base of Uluru while learning about its legends; hear about Tjukurpa art on the Mala walk; see Aboriginal rock art on the walk to the Mutitjulu Waterhole; and hear about the customs and bush food of the Anangu people.
Visit the Uluru-Kata Tjuta Cultural Centre to learn more about Aboriginal culture and art, and then head to Kata Tjuta (also known as Mt Olga or the Olgas), the other large rock formation in the national park, for more walking along trails that lead to valleys and secluded watering holes. Return to Uluru in time for sunset, during which you'll soak up the glow of the sinking sun while you sip sparkling wine or juice and feast on a BBQ dinner of meats, salad and bread.
After dinner, make the 6.5-hour drive back to Alice Springs, where your day trip ends.
Inclusions for Uluru (Ayers Rock) And The Olgas Tour Including Sunset Dinner From Alice Springs
- Morning tea
- Sunset BBQ dinner
- Sparkling wine or juice with dinner
- Live commentary on board
- Guided walks
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (select hotels only)
- National park fees
Exclusions for Uluru (Ayers Rock) And The Olgas Tour Including Sunset Dinner From Alice Springs
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated provided that the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist with boarding and disembarking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
The Uluru climb is not prohibited but it is recommended that you do not climb out of respect to the Aboriginal owners of this land; the climb is physically demanding and can be dangerous; it may be closed at anytime due to Aboriginal cultural requirements or extreme weather conditions
Hat, sunscreen, sturdy walking shoes and bottled water are required when participating in the guided walks; all walks are subject to weather conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Uluru Highlights from Ayers Rock Resort
- Uluru One Way - Ayers Rock Resort to Alice Springs
- West MacDonnells
- Rainbow Valley Private Sunset tour from Alice Springs
- Chambers Pillar and Rainbow Valley Private Tour from Alice Springs
- West MacDonnell Ranges Classic Tour
- East MacDonnell Ranges 4WD Day Trip from Alice Springs
- Palm Valley 4WD Day Tour