Underground Walking Tour In Edinburgh
OverviewVisit the infamous hidden vaults beneath the South Bridge in Edinburghs Old Town. Hear tales of how the poor and unfortunate lived in these former slums. Explore these dimly lit vaults by candlelight, once the haunt of criminals, body snatchers and witches alike!Each vault has stories of crime, disease, death and lots more... with which your guide shall enlighten you in all the gory details! You will see a genuine witchcraft temple, recently used by a Wiccan coven and you will enter their former temple. Join us to learn why it is no longer safe for them to practice their craft in that vault. DARE you step inside the infamous stone circle?
- Fully narrated tour
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- All entrance fees included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourThe infamous vaults hidden under the South Bridge in Edinburgh Old Town fill the nineteen stone arches of this underground architectural wonder. Join our knowledgeable guide to hear why the vaults were built and why they were eventually abandoned...
Hear tales of how the homeless and destitute community of Edinburgh sought refuge in these former slums. What was it really like to live in the darkness? Who were the criminals that stalked the vaults and what did they want? Explore the candlelit Niddry's Wynd, forgotten on today's maps, with your costumed guide.
The tour commences at the Tron Kirk on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh Old Town. Learn what the town was like in the 1700s, what diseases were feared by the overcrowded population, and what happened to the household waste? You will see a genuine witchcraft temple, recently used by the Source Coven of the Blue Dragon and you will enter their former temple. You are advised to listen to the guide carefully BEFORE making a decision to step inside the haunted stone circle!
Finally we invite you to experience the eerie atmosphere of the Haunted Vault itself, home to the majority of our many reported sightings... will you be brave enough to enter?
Photographs are recommended, you may even discover something ghostly on them! Please do get in touch with us after the tour to share your experiences with us...
Inclusions for Underground Walking Tour In Edinburgh
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Underground Walking Tour In Edinburgh
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Whisky and Highland Waterfalls Day Trip from Edinburgh
- The Ultimate Private Black Taxi Edinburgh Tour
- Highland Whisky Woodland and Braveheart Tour from Edinburgh
- St Andrews and Fife Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- Rosslyn Chapel, Dunfermline Abbey and Stirling Castle Day Tour from Edinburgh
- 2-Day Loch Ness and Inverness Small Group Tour from Edinburgh