OverviewThis sea trek gives you the closest sensation to walking on the surface of the moon. With the help of a special helmet that provides air, sea trekkers are able to walk underneath the water with no swimming or SCUBA experience necessary. Anybody ages 8 and up can participate (all participants must weigh at least 80 pounds). Also, guests who wear contacts or glasses will have their heads and faces completely dry and be able to see everything clearly with no blurred vision, stinging or salt water in the eyes.
This tour is conducted by local guides who are also sea trek professionals and is a very fun and safe way to explore the underwater universe.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Ideal choice for families
- All necessary equipment included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the Caribe Hilton hotel in San Juan, where your instructor will be waiting for you on the hotel's private beach. After storing your personal belongings in the sea trek booth, listen as your guide talks you through the equipment and safety rules. This usually takes 15 to 20 minutes depending on how many questions participants have. The guides will do the best job they can to explain every single detail of the trip, including safety measures and hand signals.
Once you're ready, get suited up in your special sea trekking helmet and water shoes, and follow your guide into the water. The sea trek tour takes place within a shallow cove, perfect for beginners since it allows participants to slowly move from the shallow end to the deeper end of the cove. Enjoy around 30 minutes underwater, moving at your own pace, and look out for marine life such as sea urchins, starfish, octopus and squids, or, depending on the time of year, sea horses and marine slugs. Don't forget to pose for photos - they will be available to purchase at the end of the tour.
Upon completing the tour, follow your guide back to the beach, where you'll have time to discuss your experience with your instructor, identify any marine life that you spotted on the fish charts, and choose to purchase photos of your experience. Bathrooms, changing rooms and shower rooms will be available to all guests after the tour is concluded.
Please note: Parking is available inside the hotel and next to the hotel (Aqua Adventure does not validate or pay for customer parking). Restaurants are also available within and nearby the hotel which you can enjoy at your own leisure.
Inclusions for Underwater Sea Trek Of San Juan
- Professional guide
- Use of Sea Trek helmet
- Underwater walking tour
- Water shoes
Exclusions for Underwater Sea Trek Of San Juan
- Parking fee at Caribe Hilton (if bringing a rental vehicle)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven underwater surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to Sea Trekking. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor.
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
For children, all weights must be advised before booking (all participants must weight more than 80 lbs)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.