Unforgettable Georgia - Tbilisi
OverviewGeorgian Discovery Tours offers you the opportunity to explore a truly unique part of the world and to share in the customs and traditions of its ever-friendly people. Specializing in private, cultural and historical tours, and taking care of all your travel needs, Georgian Discovery Tours is your key to unlocking the magnificent treasures of Georgia. Every tour is customized to the individual wishes and preferences of our clients.
- Metekhi church and Narikala Fortrees
- Abanotubani (literally "bath district") with sulfur spas and State museum
- Jvari Monastery (VI century), Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, Ananuri architectural complex, the Gergeti Trinity church, cave town Uplistsikhe, Borjomi Park, Akhaltsikhe castle, cave town of Vardzia, residence of Prince Alexander Chavchavadze,
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Tbilisi city tour.B/L/D
After breakfast a representative of Georgian discovery Tours will meet with you at the hotel and take you on a city tour of Tbilisi. We will see Metekhi church, Narikala Fortrees, Abanotubani (literally "bath district") with sulfur spas that have hosted poets, writers, musicians and even kings throughout the centuries.. By the way we will have Lunch. Then we will go to the National museum of Georgia. In the evening we will drive in the restaurant for welcome - dinner (with dance, or singing performance).Then we will go back to your hotel.
Day 2: Tbilisi-Mtskheta-Ananuri-Kazbegi.B/L/D.
In Mtskheta we will see Jvari Monastery which stands on a rocky mountain,the Svetitskhoveli Cathedral. Lunch en route. Next we will visit the Ananuri architectural complex, which was the residence of the Eristavi (the rulers) of Aragvi.Then, we shall continue our way through the more and more mountainous landscape up the valley.Up on our arrival, to Kazbegi, we will check in hotel. Free time to spend at your leisure. Dinner in the hotel.
Day 3: Kazbegi-(Gergeti Trinity Church, Gveleti Waterfall)-Tbilisi. B/L/D.
We shall start ascending to the Gergeti Trinity church located at the hight of 2127meters. Upon our approach incredible view’s of the mighty Mount Kazbeg (5047) (third tallest mountain peak in the Caucasus) and the fabulous Kazbegi Valley. This is also considered to be the very mountain that was mentioned in Greek metrology as the eternal prison of demigod Prometheus that was chained to the mountain in Caucasus as a punishment for stilling fire and gifting it to human kind. Then we will start our short walk to the Gveleti waterfall, an easy yet beautiful half an hour hike not far from the village. Afterwards we will have lunch. Concluding the tour we will drive back to your hotel in Tbilisi. Dinner in the restaurant.
Day 4: Tbilisi - Uplistsikhe - Borjomi - Akhaltsikhe. B/L/D.
After the breakfast we will drive you towards cave town Uplistsikhe,which was built during the first half of the first millennium BC. This huge rock-city is the most ancient and impressive masterpiece of the Georgian architecture. After the excursion we will have lunch and then drive straight to Borjomi, famous for its mineral water. After visiting Borjomi Park we will drive towards Akhaltsikhe, where we will check in hotel. Dinner in the hotel.
Day 5: Akhaltsikhe castle - Vardzia - Tbilisi. B/L/D
After the breakfast, we will visit newly renovated medieval architectural complex Akhaltsikhe castle. Its multicultural architecture will make unforgettable impression on you. Next, we will set out towards the cave town of Vardzia. Our way takes us through a wonderful and at times rough landscape via Khertvisi to Vardzia near the Turkish border. Lunch. Afterwards we will drive straight to Tbilisi. Upon our arrival to Tbilisi, we will have dinner in the restaurant and afterwards drive to your hotel.
Day 6: Tbilisi - Tsinandali - Wine House Gurjaani - Sighnaghi - Tbilisi. B/L/D
After the breakfast we will drive towards Kakheti - the homeland of wine. First we will visit residence of Prince Alexander Chavchavadze in the village Tsinandali. Afterwards we will drive towards Gurjaani, where an exciting local experience, which will give you in-depth understanding of Georgian traditions, awaits you at the “Wine House Gurjaani”,where a local family will host you and you will get an impression of how wine is made in private houses. Finally, you will enjoy lunch in a warmhearted environment. After pleasant feast we will drive towards the town of Sighnaghi.Today it is a place where people from neighboring city’s choose to spend their weekends and enjoy the nice, cosy atmosphere of the town. Concluding the day we will drive towards Tbilisi, where we will have farewell - dinner in the restaurant. After the dinner the representative will drive you to your hotel.
Day 7: Departure.
Inclusions for Unforgettable Georgia
- Accommodation in double rooms 4* Option:
- 5 nights in 4* hotel in Tbilisi
- 1 night in Rooms Hotel 4* in Kazbegi (Front View, weekdays price);
- 1 night in 3*+ Hotel “Lomsia” in Akhaltsikhe
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary, incl. service charges and taxes:
- 7 breakfasts
- 5 lunches, from them 1 special event in Wine House Gurjaani, 250 ml of wine per person, delicious Georgian dishes, baking of Georgian confection of traditional sweet ‘Churchkhela’.
- 6 dinners, from them 1 Welcome and 1 Farewell dinner, all incl. limited amount of wine (250 ml. wine per person).
- Private polyphonic folk singing performance during the lunch in Wine House Gurjaani.
- Wine tasting in: Wine House Gurjaani.
- Entrance fees & local guide in:
- Tsinandali, Uplistsikhe, Rabat,Vardzia.
- Sulfuric Baths, State museum.
- All transfers and transportation as listed in the itinerary by comfortable vehicle with air conditioning, incl. fuel and driver.
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Mineral water during transfers
- Staff expenses
Exclusions for Unforgettable Georgia
- Certain coffee breaks and or meals (don’t marked in the itinerary)
- Any extra services not specified in the itinerary
- 4x4 jeep rental in Kasbegi to get to Gergeti Trinity church.
- High percentage alcoholic beverages, and
- wine beyond the amount included
- Personal expenses
- Communication charges Gratuities
- Entry visa for Georgia (not required for EU citizens)
- Flight to and from Georgia
- Travel insurance
- If you cancel between 0 days To 10 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 10 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.