Unimog Safari Morning Tour On Waiheke Island - Auckland
OverviewCombine local knowledge, good old-fashioned Kiwi hospitality and the spectacular natural beauty of Waiheke island and sit back, relax and enjoy the view from Moggy, our ex army Unimog. Our tours incorporate a unique mix of " kiwi-ism's" with local history and bush knowledge. Our " hardcase" guides (colourful characters) take you out to the more remote spots (the " wop-wops") on Waiheke Island, introduce you to our native bush and take you on a " tiki tour" (journey) from one end of the island to the other. Lunch on the beach: a " barbie" (barbecue) using quality local ingredients and the best that the island has to offer in terms of product from many of the boutique wineries and breweries.
Know More about this tourA 40 minute boat trip from Auckland's Downtown Ferry Terminal will land you on the extraordinary Waiheke Island. When you arrive, you will be collected by our guide and driver/skipper from Matiatia Wharf, depending on the tour option you will be taken either by boat (Land and Sea Tour Option) or our ex army Unimog a.k.a. Moggy (Adventure Lunch Tour).
You will be taken on a sight-seeing adventure around the Island. You are perched up high in the unimog, meaning you have the best vantage to take in the spectacular scenery. Traveling through to Whakanewha Scenic Reserve for morning tea, otherwise known as "smoko", with freshly brewed tea and coffee and beautiful traditional baking to " get your laughing gear round" (eat)!
Following morning tea you are invited (optional) to go on a 30 minute nature walk, where local " hard-case", and your driver - Simon will regale you with stories of NZ and Waiheke local legends and interesting facts about the " beaut" nature that surrounds you - the local flora and fauna.
Next we venture out to our lunch destination at the beach. While the guide is preparing lunch on the barbie, you can swim, amble on the waters edge, kayak, stand up paddle board or take the time to savour a boutique Waiheke wine or craft beer. When lunch is served, sit and enjoy the delicious fresh food and majestical view. All of the lunch and local produce are included in the price.
Inclusions for Unimog Safari Morning Tour On Waiheke Island
- Morning tea
Exclusions for Unimog Safari Morning Tour On Waiheke Island
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian/ Gluten free option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Electric Tuk Tuk Private Heritage and Cultural Tours
- Private Tour: Bay of Islands Tour with Wine Tasting
- Private Shore Excursion: Bay of Islands Tour with Wine Tasting
- Self-Guided Jet Ski Tour of Waiheke Island
- Giants and Tiny Dwarfs Bay of Islands Tour
- Waitomo Day Trip with Option to Add Hobbiton from Auckland
- Round-Trip Private Transfer from Auckland to Tree Adventures
- Giants and Glow Worms Day Tour