Unlimited Wine Food Tour Of Alban Hills From Rome
OverviewThis half-day food tour offers a full immersion in Roman culinary traditions. You will eat like the ancient Romans and drink unlimited wine. Your small group will travel 20 miles south of Rome to the birthplace of world-famous porchetta, little town of Ariccia in the national park of Alban Hills. With the expert commentary of your guide you will discover, explore and savor the authentic Roman food. Let the wine flow and enjoy a table full of succulent dishes!
Know More about this tourYou will meet your guide at the designated meeting point in the center of Rome, board the air-conditioned coach and head off to the Alban Hills (30-40 minute ride), as you ride along the Appian way and the park of the aqueducts your guide will provide you with the expert commentary of the region of Alban Hills and will prepare you for this unique culinary experience.
Upon the arrival at Ariccia, tiny hill town, you will have a break to stretch your legs and use the facilities.
First venue on the itinerary is the Chigi Palace of Ariccia, a breathtakingly beautiful palace designed by Gianlorenzo Bernini for the rich and powerful Chigi family of Rome.
After the visit of the palace you will have free time to explore this charming town, visit local shops or take pictures of the valleys below from the scenic bridge of Ariccia.
Your second and the main venue is a local Osteria (Tavern) opened by the owners just for you, you are about to embark on a culinary experience of your life. All food will be served by the owners and your guide will sure tell you the history of every dish. It is a large three course meal with Antipasto, Primo, Secondo and of course Tiramisu for dessert.
Here is the menu for you:
Antipasto: porchetta, prosciutto crudo, mortadella, salsiccia (smoked or cured sausages), coppieta (Roman pork jerky), sweet or hot salami, mozzarella di bufala (buffalo milk mozzarella), bruschetta, fritatta, grilled veggies.
Primo: choice of Amatriciana, Carbonara, Griccia, Ragu, or Caccio e Pepe.
Secondo: choice of grilled sausage, pork-chops, grilled lamb skewers.
Every person will also have 1 breadbasket per person and unlimited red or white wine to accompany your meal. Everything is included in the price of the tour. Vegetarian and vegan menus available, a special request is required at the moment of booking.
The duration of the tour is 6.5 hours approximately, after the food tour your driver will bring you back to the meeting point in Rome and your guide will explain you how to get back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Unlimited Wine Food Tour Of Alban Hills From Rome
- Entrance fees
- 3-course meal
- Local guide
- All-you-can-drink wine
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Unlimited Wine Food Tour Of Alban Hills From Rome
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Dress code is smart casual
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A maximum of 15 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant
- Best of Rome Walking Tour and Master of Pizza Class
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome