Up Close Encounter Of Amazing New Zealand Creatures And Behind The Scenes Tour - Picton
OverviewUp Close Encounters (up close face to face)* and Behind the Scenes (where our staff go)* Tour (1 hour)Go behind the scenes at EcoWorld Aquarium & Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre, get up close and very personal with some of New Zealand'sextraordinarycreatures up-close. Up Close Encounters provides you with a one of a kind experience by combining exclusive creature encounters with intimate guide interactions with EcoWorlds knowledgeable staff.Tuataras - New Zealands very rare living fossil Little Blue Penguins - Wildlife Rehabilitation RefugeYellow Kakariki - endangered parrots being bred... plusWhen: 10am 12pm 1pm 3pm dailyHow long: Allow 1.5 hoursLocation:95 metres from interisland ferry terminal
Know More about this tour
Important Visitor Information
Up Close Encounters (up close face to face)* and Behind the Scenes (where our staff go)* Tour
When: 10am 12pm 1pm 3pm daily
How long for your visit: Allow at least 1.5 hours
Location:95 metres from the interisland ferry terminal and railway station.
Access: flat with 2 gentle ramp areas. Easy wheelchair access
Minimum: 2 persons. Maximum per group 25 persons
EcoWorlds knowledgeable staff share with you outstanding, intimate animal experiences.
Up Close Encounters behind the scenes is more than just meeting our rare and extraordinary New Zealand animals up-close. Up-Close Encounters provides you with a one of a kind experience by combining exclusive creature encounters with some of the amazing animals that live in our beautiful Marlborough Sounds, intimate guide interactions and guided tour.
Tuataras - New Zealands very rare living fossil
Little Blue Penguins - Wildlife Rehabilitation Refuge
Yellow Kakariki - endangered parrots being bred
Seahorses - New Zealand pot-bellied seahorses
Giant Squid - Monster of the deep - (preserved 5m)
Red Kakariki - breeding endangered native parrots
Fish - species from the Marlborough Sounds
Geckos, and skinks, frogs, turtle refuge etc.
Orca and Hectors Dolphin - life size models
All our animals have been rescued by us, donated to us or bred by us.
Conservation in action Nature Heritage Explore & learn Family friendly FUN
New Zealand is a Biological Ark. Its biodiversity (variety of all life) is more primitive than most other countries. 80% of New Zealand's native species are found nowhere else on Earth. Most of EcoWorld Aquariums animals come from the Marlborough Sounds whose nearshore rocky reefs are diverse, dynamic, capable of endless surprise, cold, murky, dark and difficult to visit. These nearshore rocky reefs provide haven for rare and endangered species which contributes to their fascination which we share with you.John Reuhman Director
Inclusions for Up Close Encounter Of Amazing New Zealand Creatures And Behind The Scenes Tour
- Entrance fees
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for Up Close Encounter Of Amazing New Zealand Creatures And Behind The Scenes Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
A minimum of 2 adults per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Kayak tour into the Wairau Lagoon
- Shore Excursion: Highlights of Marlborough from Picton
- Private Shore Excursion: Explore Marlborough from Picton
- Full day Guided Sea Kayak Tour from Picton
- Ship Cove and Dolphin Eco-Tour Cruise
- Bird Watching and Dolphin Eco-Tour from Picton
- Picton Shore Excursion: Gondola Hill 4WD Tour