OverviewThe morning view of the rice fields on the way to the Mekong River is a perfect start to the sensorial trip from Ho Chi Minh City to the Mekong Delta. At the Mekong River the experiences are many as you are taken on a journey to the Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Tortoise Island. Here you will feel the fresh air at the boat trips, taste the local sweets and delicacies made by the villagers, smell the scents from the flowers and greeneries around you. Let the tunes of local folk music entertain you and be mesmerized by the vibrant colors of the jungle in the Mekong Delta.
- Lunch included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourDepart your Ho Chi Minh City hotel after morning pickup and pass by rice fields as you approach the Mekong Delta. After about 2 hours, you'll reach Ben Tre and head to a nearby village to learn about its cultural heritage. Savor tropical fruits and honey tea, produced from the villagers' own beehives. Be enchanted by regional folk music before your journey continues via a small rowboat down the tranquil streams of the Mekong River.
Watch life along the riverbank before disembarking at a coconut candy workshop. Observe workers as the confection is boiled in pots, cut, and wrapped with precision. After a taste, continue on to an orchard restaurant via another boat trip down the mighty Mekong. If you selected a basic meal upon booking, you're served a typical Vietnamese lunch consisting of boiled rice and fried pork chops. The premium meal features Vietnamese pancakes, spring rolls, and fried fish from the river.
Afterward, board another boat for My Tho with a visit to Vinh Trang Pagoda, home for three impressive Buddhas. The old temple gates are decorated with artistic imagery made of broken ceramics, and the courtyard will mesmerize with myriad plants and flowers maintained by monks at the monastery.
Your full-day tour ends with the return coach ride to Ho Chi Minh City and drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Upper Mekong River Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (District 1 only)
- Professional guide
- Boat trips
- Entrance fees
- Lunch, snacks, and bottled water
Exclusions for Upper Mekong River Day Trip From Ho Chi Minh City
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of District 1
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Extra surcharge may apply for pickup outside of District 1
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.