Upsala Kayak Experience - El CalafateWrite a Review
The tour will begin when the guests go to Port Bundera to start the tour. It is a unique kayaking experience which takes you through places in the wilderness, while you can get the thrill and feel of the place. No prior kayaking experience is required for this tour. The tour will also take care of your pickup and drop you off at El Calafate. The tour will commence in accordance to the weather conditions.
- The guides will be communicated by radio with the shuttle crew, who will be our support boat.
Know More about this tour
The experience begins when the passengers of the "Upsala Kayak Experience" take the transfer to go to the port of Punta Bandera. The guides and the boat (ferry) "Janet" will be waiting for us.
During the navigation in the Lago Argentino, the guides will give us numerous explanations of the area. During this journey you will observe the fauna and flora of the area (condors, eagles, wild cows, ñires) and pass close to several giant cliffs and high mountains. The passengers will have breakfast and hot drinks on board.
After two hours of sailing, the guides will begin training on the activity of kayaking. First, we will provide each passenger the equipment adapted to his size and we will proceed to change our clothes using our facilities and bathrooms. Personal items remain in the boat.
Later in the same boat the guides will show how to properly sit in the kayaks and they will teach the safety protocols of the activity.
Once we find a safe place to land depending on weather conditions (protected from the wind), we will bring down the kayaks and make a final explanation of the rowing technique. After a short warm up we will start the guided kayak tour for about 2 hours (always depending on the climatic and physical conditions of the group).
During the tour the guides will explain interesting facts about the region. The rowing will be slow and adapted to the level of the group and of the surrounding conditions. There will always be sailed in groups, accompanied by professional guides. The guides will be communicated by radio with the shuttle crew, who will be our support boat.
Lunch will be taken once the tour is finished, while navigating back (included within the services).
Upon returning to the boat, stretching exercises will be performed to relax the body and we will proceed to change inside the boat.
The return to Puerto Bandera will be at 7 pm to take the shuttle back to El calafate.
No previous kayaking experience is needed for this tours.
Physical Difficulty: medium.
The departure of the tour depends on the weather conditions the day of the tour.
If we can disembark and make kayak for a few minutes there won't be a refund.
Inclusions for Upsala Kayak Experience
- Transfer IN / OUT from the hotel
- Guide: Spanish / English.
- Lago Argentino Navigation
- 2 hour kayaking
- Equipment included: kayaks (double crossing, stable, rudder), paddles, completely sealed dry suit
- underwear, boots, life jacket, dry bags and tubs covers.
- Lunch box (meat or veggie sandwich + brownie + drink)
- Pendrive with photos of the day
- National Park entrance fee.
Exclusions for Upsala Kayak Experience
- Any additional
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 8 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 8 days To 14 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 75%
- If you cancel between 14 days To 20 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 60%
- If you cancel between 20 days To 29 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 30%
- If you cancel between 29 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 10%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.