Urban Rush: Building Rappel In La Paz
OverviewPlay out your superhero dreams: Dress up as Spiderman and jump out of a 17th-floor window of a building in downtown La Paz! This rappelling adventure is the perfect fix for adrenaline junkies. Pick out a costume to wear, attend a safety briefing, and get fitted and strapped into top-of-the-line equipment by expert guides. Practice on a mini-wall before your 164-foot (50-meter) descent! Rigged into your harness, rappel down the side of the building. When you reach the sixth floor, let go of the rope (and your fears) as you free fall for several seconds before landing on the bottom platform unscathed.
Know More about this tourYour rappelling adventure begins at the Hotel Presidente on Potos Street in downtown La Paz, across from the San Francisco Church. Take the elevator to the 15th floor and walk up two flights of stairs to reach the Urban Rush office.
Before donning your gear, peruse through the costumes and decide who you want to be for this daredevil feat. Captain America? Batman? How about Santa, the seasoned pro of rappelling?
After you dress up, expert guides will fit you into top-notch quality equipment and provide a safety briefing. They will show you two main types of rappelling. In the traditional method of descent, youre facing the wall seated in your harness. With the attached rope hanging in front of you, you jump backward from the wall and make your way down.
If you want to go rap jumping, another form of rappelling, expect to learn an action filmworthy maneuver where you position your body perpendicular to the wall for a headfirst descent.
After the briefing, your guides will take you through practice runs on a mini-wall inside.
Once you feel confident or at least better prepared head to the platform for the big event! Perched high above the city on the 17th floor, you might focus on the sweeping views to calm your nerves before the 164-foot (50-meter) descent.
Suspend all common sense and scamper down that wall of steel! Control your speed by tightening or loosening your grip on your rope. Remember there are two safety ropes, and expert guides stand above and below you with additional brake support.
Just when you think you got the hang of it, you reach the sixth floor, where your guides stop you to prepare for the free fall. Let go of your rope and kick off hard from the wall, plummeting toward a terrace where an expert guide on the bottom platform stands ready to receive you. This guide and the one above slow and stop your fall safely as you land.
Once you realize you made it in one piece, your guide will show you the way back to the 17th-floor office to gather your belongings.
Inclusions for Urban Rush: Building Rappel In La Paz
- Professional guides
- Professional equipment
- Use of practice area
- Single rappel descent
Exclusions for Urban Rush: Building Rappel In La Paz
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional rappel descents - 70 Bs per descent (~$US 10)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- La Paz Half-Day Foodie Tour
- La Paz Small-Group Sightseeing Tour: Plaza Murillo, San Pedro Prison and Witches' Market
- La Paz Half-Day City Tour
- Private Arrival Transfer: El Alto International Airport to La Paz Hotels
- Walking Tour of La Paz
- Private Tour: Lake Titicaca, Copacabana and Sun Island from La Paz