OverviewExperience the wonders of the ancient Maya by both day and night on an Uxmal sound and light tour from Merida. Take a guided tour of the Nunnery Quadrangle, Pyramid of the Magician and Governor's Palace at Uxmal, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and learn about the Puuc architecture of the ancient Maya. Then see the sites floodlit at night during one of the worlds most acclaimed and spectacular light and sound shows. With all entrance fees included, enjoy personal attention on this small-group tour, limited to 25 people.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with pickup from major Merida hotels by small-group van, seating just 16 people.
Enjoy lunch and relax on the scenic drive to the ancient Maya site of Uxmal, the most splendid of the Puuc sites, boasting some of the finest examples of Maya architecture you'll ever see.
Enjoy a two-hour guided tour of Uxmal, highlighting the site’s structures, geometrical figures and masks of the Mayan’s most significant deity, Chaac.
Visit the Nunnery Quadrangle, where friezes represent owls and serpents, and learn the meaning behind the four multi-level buildings arranged around a central plaza. Look up at the oval-shaped Pyramid of the Magician (the Pyramid of the Soothsayer), unrivaled in the beauty of its precise design. View more than 100 images of Chaac on the facade of the Governor’s Palace, where a central doorway was built in astronomical alignment with the planets.
Then, as the sky darkens, take your seat in the Nunnery Quadrangle and prepare yourself for the theatrical drama of Uxmal's spectacular sound and light show, acclaimed as one of the finest in the world.
Watch in amazement as the splendors of the Maya world are recreated with light and sounds, capturing the mystery and magic of Uxmal's past.
After watching the evening sound and light show at Uxmal, relax on the return trip by small-group minivan and be dropped at your Merida hotel.
Inclusions for Uxmal Light And Sound Show From Merida
- Entrance fees
- Professional English- and Spanish-speaking guide
- Use of The Lodge at Uxmal's facilities (swimming pool, towel, lounge chairs)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Uxmal Light And Sound Show From Merida
- Gratuities (optional)
- Translator devices for the light & sound show
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.