Vacation On The Black Sea - Batumi
OverviewBreak free from the tired, old, well-beaten tourist trails to experience a land at the threshold of Europen and Asia, renowned for its unspoiled natural beauty and celebrated for its rich cultural heritage. Occupying the fertile land between the beaches of the Black Sea coast and the jagged peaks of the Greater Caucasian Mountains, Georgia is home to a wide range of flora and fauna, countless ancient historical sites (among them UNESCO world heritage sites), and to a delicious cuisine and wine. This trip combines visits to some of the major nature and cultural highlights of Georgia. In this tour we will exploring Batumi city. There is western of Georgia, home of ancient Colchida, which existed already at the times of the Argonauts (13th century BC).
- Visit the beautiful Botanical Garden
- Gonio fortress.
Know More about this tour
Day 1: Arrivel in Batumi.
A representative of Georgian Discovery Tours is going to expect you upon your arrival at Batumi International Airport and assure your smooth transfer to your hotel in the center of Batumi.
Day 2: Batumi city tour. B.
In the morning after the breakfast we will start the discovery of the city. With its charming, white, two-story buildings, Batumi still radiates the colonial atmosphere of its past. Reminiscent of past Turkish rule, British and French business activities and Russian immigration, a striking mixture of different cultures marks the town. While the street cafes and the waterfront boulevard invite the passers-by for a cup of Turkish coffee and a piece of “Pakhlava”, the seaport is a hive of busy commercial activity.
After the city tour you will be free to spend time at your leisure.
Day 3: Makhuntseti waterfall. B.
In the morning after breakfast we will drive towards Makhuntseti waterfall. Here you will see historic monument Tamar’s bridge and waterfall. Near here is restaurant lunch ( at your leisure). Afterwards we will drive you to hotel. Free evening, you will have free time to discover the city further.
Day4: Batumi Botanikal Garden - Achara Wine House. B.
After the breakfast we will visit the botanical garden, one of the biggest botanical gardens in the former Soviet Union, overlooking the Black Sea from the hilltop of the Green Cape. After this we will drive in Achara wine house for wine tasting. Free evening.
Day5: Gonio fortress and Departure. B.
After breakfast we will drive you towards Castle “Gonio” – known already by the ancient Greeks, the castle gained importance as the base of a Roman garrison. It remained inhabited throughout the Middle Ages and eventually became a citrus plantation during Soviet times.
Inclusions for Vacation On The Black Sea
- Accommodation in double rooms Option:
- 4 nights in 3* hotel in Batumi
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary, incl. service charges and taxes:
- 4 breakfasts
- Wine tasting in: Achara Wine House
- Entrance fees & local guide in: Botanikal Garden, Gonio fortress.
- All transfers and transportation as listed in the itinerary by comfortable vehicle with air conditioning, incl. fuel and driver.
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Mineral water during transfers
- Staff expenses
Exclusions for Vacation On The Black Sea
- Certain coffee breaks and or meals (don’t marked in the itinerary)
- Any extra services not specified in the itinerary
- High percentage alcoholic beverages, and
- wine beyond the amount included
- Personal expenses
- Communication charges Gratuities
- Entry visa for Georgia (not required for EU citizens)
- Flight to and from Georgia
- Travel insurance
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 10 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 10 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.