Valencia Medieval Gates & Authentic Tapas Tour
OverviewWe will begin our tour together in the heart of the ancient city between thetwo remaining medieval gates of Valencia. The city formerly had 12 gates, but only a few remain, still rich withinteresting secrets. We will meet atPlaa dels Furs(Charters Square) and take a look inisde theTorres de Serranos, which used to be one of the main gates into Valencia during the 14th century. After admiring the ancient Gothic styled gate, we will walk down Carrer de Serranos and stop to sample a few drinks in anoenotheque. Here, we willtaste a local and vintageBobalred wineas well as a regional liquor calledMistela. Each drink will be paired with a tapa tocomplement the aromas and flavorsof the drinks.
Know More about this tourITINERARY
- Meet local guide at Plaa dels Furs and go inside Torres de Serranos
- Stop at a Oenotheque
- Walk Plaa de Manises to Plaa de la Verge
- Walk Palau de la Generalist to Carrer de Cavallers
- Stop at a bodega
- End walking tour at Torres de Quart
Torres de Serranosis the Gothic styled gate on the Northern end of Valencia. It was built over the Roman Via Agusta so people could cross over it to get to Barcelona. Reaching the top of the Torres de Serranos will give you the picturesque view of Valencia every visitor wants on thier travels!
The first Aragonese parliament founded by Jacques 1st of Aragon in 1238 was establised in Palau de la Generalitat in 1421 when theCourt of Aragonwas under the reign of Alphose 5th theMagnamiousmoved in. At this historical site we will admire it's surroundings, focusing on the Plaa de la Verge which portrays the fountian of Turia River, the Gothic Gantry of the Cathedral and the Basilica. Carrer de Cavallers means Knght's Lane and is where King James 1st wanted his knights to live at.
Inclusions for Valencia Medieval Gates & Authentic Tapas Tour
- City tour of Valencia with local guide
- Wine & Mistela tasting with 1 savory & 1 sweet tapa
- Agua de Valencia tasting with tradtional appetizer
Exclusions for Valencia Medieval Gates & Authentic Tapas Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The Valencian ambassadors, Javier and Eva, are two friends who share their passion for history, art and traditional cultures. Eva has a wide experience in management of history, cultural heritage and contemporary art, she treasures an intimate passion for gastronomy, cuisine and seasonal matires-de-bouche. Whilst Javier is an agriculture engineer and a world trotter who has dedicated most of his professional life to food industry, particularly PDO specialities wines and gourmet food. Both of them are excited to show you the wide range of flavors Valencia has to offer.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Valencia Evening Cruise Party and Cocktail at the Beach
- Valencia Historical Walking Tour with Paella Dinner
- Private Erotic History Waling Tour in Valencia
- Valencia Historical Private Tour with Paella Dinner
- Valencia Tourist Bus Ticket, Walking Tour, and Paella Dinner
- Valencia Swim Cruise and Lunch at the Beach
- Sailing Day with Lunch Onboard in Valencia
- Mestalla Valencia CF Entrance Ticket