Valencia Silk Road Tour With Paella Cooking Class And DinnerWrite a Review
On this tour youâÂÂll enjoy aÂ guidedÂ visitÂ around theÂ historical centreÂ to discover all aboutÂ the Silk Road in Valencia. In the evening, youâÂÂâÂÂll learn how to make paella at the Paella School and then youâÂÂll savor aÂ generousÂ and joyfulÂ dinner with your paella as main dish and other typical delights.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- Dinner included
Know More about this tour
The Silk Road is a commercial route whose origins lay in the Chinese silk business, from the 1st century BC. Later, it was extended by Asia and Europe. In the 9th century arrived to the Iberian Peninsula and Valencia became soon the leading city in Spain. Silk trading was the most important economic activity in the city between the 16th and 18th centuries.
In 2015, UNESCO included Spain as a member state of the Silk Road Programme and Valencia has been considered as the Silk City 2016. On this guided visit an expert guide will reveal you all about the silk trade and you’ll visit the places where this activities were carried out.
The visit begins in The College of High Silk Art, an organization that regulated the Guild of the silk manufacturers, nowadays houses the Museum of Silk. You’ll continue towards an old Silk Factory that still retains its original distribution. Then, you’ll walk around the Velluters neighborhood, an area where the silk factories were concentrated. Also you'll visit the most representative Valencian clothing shops, and you’ll appreciate many products that still are made by hand with silk.
Next stop is La Lonja de la Seda, an impressive gothic building declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Once, was the center of commercial transactions in the city, where the silk business played a decisive role. To end, you’ll visit an old factory that manufactured ecclesiastical silk ornaments.
In the evening, we’ll meet at the Paella School and you’ll get down to work! The paella master will teach you step by step how to cook a Valencian paella. He’ll also explain you when and how the paella was born, the history of their ingredients and many other curiosities.During the production of the paella you’ll delight in Valencian wine or craft beer tasting, accompanied by fresh tomato from the Valencia Garden and Spanish omelette.
Comes time to test your paella enjoying a generous Valencian style dinner. After dinner, you’ll receive an “Expert Paella’s Chef” Diploma that proves the course you have taken.
A fun and memorable experience that will be with you forever.
Inclusions for Valencia Silk Road Tour With Paella Cooking Class And Dinner
- 2 hr. Valencia Silk Road guided walking tour.
- 4 hr. Paella Class with a paella master.
- Spanish tapas and Valencian Wine or homemade beer tasting.
- Full menu Dinner with your paella as first plate, salad, dessert, beverages, coffee.
Exclusions for Valencia Silk Road Tour With Paella Cooking Class And Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Both activities should be done the same day.
Duration: Guided Tour: 2 hr. Paella School and Dinner: 4 hr.
You must submit a PRINTED VOUCHER to the Silk Road guide.
In the evening, you must go to the Paella School on your own.
Languages: Spanish and English.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.