Valencia Silk Road Tour With Paella Cooking Class And Dinner
OverviewOn this tour youll enjoy a guided visit around the historical centre to discover all about the Silk Road in Valencia. In the evening, youll learn how to make paella at the Paella School and then youll savor a generous and joyful dinner with your paella as main dish and other typical delights.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- Dinner included
Know More about this tour
The Silk Road is a commercial route whose origins lay in the Chinese silk business, from the 1st century BC. Later, it was extended by Asia andEurope. In the 9th century arrived to the Iberian Peninsula andValencia became soon the leading city in Spain. Silk trading was the most important economic activity in the city between the 16th and 18th centuries.
In 2015, UNESCO includedSpainas a member state of the Silk Road Programme and Valenciahas been considered as theSilk City 2016. On this guided visit an expert guide will reveal you all about the silk trade and youll visit the places where thisactivities were carried out.
The visit begins in The College of High Silk Art, an organization that regulated the Guild of the silk manufacturers, nowadays houses the Museum of Silk. Youll continue towards an old Silk Factory that still retains its original distribution. Then, youll walk around the Velluters neighborhood, an area where the silk factories wereconcentrated. Also you'll visit the most representative Valencian clothing shops, and youll appreciate many products that still are made by hand with silk.
Next stop is La Lonja de la Seda, an impressive gothic building declared World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Once, was the center of commercial transactions in the city, where the silk business playeda decisive role. To end, youll visit an old factory that manufactured ecclesiastical silk ornaments.
In the evening, well meet at the Paella School and youll getdown to work! The paella master will teach you step by step how to cook a Valencian paella. Hell also explain you when and how the paella was born, the history of their ingredients and many other curiosities.During the production of the paella youll delight in Valencian wine or craft beer tasting,accompanied by fresh tomato from the Valencia Garden and Spanish omelette.
Comes time to test your paella enjoyinga generous Valencian style dinner. After dinner, youll receive an Expert Paellas Chef Diploma that proves the course you have taken.
A fun and memorable experience that will be with you forever.
Inclusions for Valencia Silk Road Tour With Paella Cooking Class And Dinner
- 2 hr. Valencia Silk Road guided walking tour.
- 4 hr. Paella Class with apaella master.
- Spanish tapas and Valencian Wineorhomemade beer tasting.
- Full menu Dinnerwith your paella as first plate, salad, dessert, beverages, coffee.
Exclusions for Valencia Silk Road Tour With Paella Cooking Class And Dinner
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Both activities should be done the same day.
Duration: Guided Tour: 2 hr. Paella School and Dinner: 4 hr.
You must submit a PRINTED VOUCHER to the Silk Road guide.
In the evening, you must go to the Paella School on your own.
Languages: Spanish and English.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.