Valletta Small-Group Walking Tour
OverviewOn this tour you will visit the main highlights of Valletta, while also visiting an often ignored but equally fascinating part of the city. The tour starts at the modernized entrance of Valletta, and while walking along the majestic streets of the city, your guide will point out all the main landmarks, while keeping you entertained with fascinating and little-known true stories. What was it like to be a patient at the Holy Infirmatory? Or a galley slave on the ships of the Order? Were all Knights behaving in accordance to their vows?
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourValletta, Maltas capital city, is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful and elegant cities in Europe. A masterpiece of Baroque architecture, it is one of the most concentrated historic areas in the world, boasting some of Europe's finest palaces and churches, as well as numerous museums.
Following their heroic defense of Malta during the Great Siege of 1565, the Knights of St. John set about constructing a new, impregnable fortress city, named after its founder and hero of the siege, the French Grand Master Jean de Valette. Over the ensuing centuries, the new city was embellished with an impressive array of buildings, designed by some of the best European architects of the era and filled with priceless works of art. Today, Valletta is Maltas main administrative and commercial center. The city is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site and European Capital of Culture 2018.
You'll be walking past the most notable sites in Valletta:
The new Parliament building and the ruins of the Royal Opera House
The Upper and Lower Barrakka Gardens
The Auberges of Castille and Italy
St. Johns Co-cathedral
The Great Siege Monument
St. Georges Square and the Grand Masters Palace
Piazza Regina and the Bibliotheca Nazionale
Church of St Paul's Shipwreck
The Siege Bell Memorial
Fort St. Elmo
...and much more!
Inclusions for Valletta Small-Group Walking Tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Valletta Small-Group Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.