Valpolicella Day Trip From Venice: Wine Tasting And Verona
OverviewSpend a day in Venetos glorious Valpolicella region, and discover its history, wine and the romantic city of Verona. Led by a friendly driver-guide, the tour visits the Church of San Giorgio with its intriguing 8th-century altar as well as a winery nestled into the Valpolicella valley. Learn about the regions winemaking heritage, sample a selection of robust amarone wine, and then enjoy three hours of free time in Verona, the city that inspired William Shakespeares 'Romeo and Juliet.'Numbers are limited to eight on this small-group tour, ensuring personalized attention from a driver-guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourLeave central Venice by air-conditioned minivan, and then travel west with your driver-guide to the region of Valpolicella, a gorgeous winemaking area spread around the city of Verona and Lake Garda. Peppered with medieval towns and rustic vineyards, Valpolicella is home to treasures aplenty that the tourist maps often miss.
Stop in the town of San Giorgio for a look inside its 13th-century church with its magnificent altar. Predating the church by nearly five centuries, the stone-canopied altar is the Church of San Giorgios crowning glory, beautifully preserved and complete with its original carvings. Head outside to take in views over the lakeside town of Sirmione set against Lake Garda, and then continue your journey through the region.
Pass along country roads fringed by olive groves and vineyards, and then stop at a local winery for a tour. Explore the vineyard and learn about the prestigious amarone wine thats produced in the region. Translating as the great bitter, amarone is a rich and dry red wine thats made from partially dried Valpolicella grapes. Sample a selection of the estates wine, and perhaps purchase a bottle to take home, if you wish.
Continue from the rural countryside to the town of Verona, the historical home of the worlds best-known love story: Romeo and Juliet. Enjoy roughly three hours of free time to explore the city independently. Ask your driver-guide for a cafe recommendation for lunch (own expense), shop til you drop at Piazza delle Erbe or pay a visit to Juliets House to see the balcony that inspired Shakespeare.
Meet your driver-guide at the prearranged time, and then relax on your journey back to Venice. Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at the start point.
Inclusions for Valpolicella Day Trip From Venice: Wine Tasting And Verona
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Wine tasting
Exclusions for Valpolicella Day Trip From Venice: Wine Tasting And Verona
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees to Verona attractions
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Infant seats are available on request, please specify at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Venice Canal Cruise: Grand Canal and Secret Canals by Motorboat
- Venice City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Skip the Line: Morning Venice Gondola Ride and Walking Tour with St Mark's Basilica
- The Secret Corners of Burano
- Private Tour: Murano, Burano and Torcello Half-Day Tour
- Private Tour: Prosecco Wine Tasting Day Trip with Lunch from Venice