Vancouver Bike Tour With Beers And Bites
OverviewFind beervana on this 3-hour guided bike tour of Vancouver’s burgeoning craft beer scene. Cycle to three breweries — located in the historic Settlement Building, East Vancouver’s industrial district and Mount Pleasant (aka Brewery Creek) — and taste a total of nine distinct beers with food pairings. Find out how the city’s beer culture evolved, and why you need a growler. Bonus: Brunch is included on this small-group tour limited to 12 beer nuts.
Know More about this tourMultiple tastings, brunch, easy biking routes, and a helpful guide make this a top-rated sightseeing tour on TripAdvisor. See for yourself when you mosey over to a bike rental shop in downtown Vancouver to start your 3-hour tour. At the shop, your guide will provide you with a bicycle, helmet and lock. (You can also bring your own bicycle.) After a quick safety briefing, hop on your bike and follow your guide to begin your 3-hour tour of the city’s developing craft beer scene.
During a pleasant ride on mostly flat terrain, you’ll hit three breweries that are local favorites. Chat up the folks who run each establishment, and sample three beers (3 ounces each) paired with food at each place. You’ll also tour the facilities for a behind-the-scenes look at how the fizzy goodness is made.
For everyone’s safety and enjoyment, you’re limited to the sample tastings provided during the tour. Feel free to make purchases at any of the places you visit, perhaps investing in your own personal growler (a refillable glass container for beer to-go), all of which your guide will carry for you in a bike trailer.
In Railtown, visit the historic Settlement Building, housing a new collective of breweries and restaurants. Here, taste local brews and chow on brunch fare from the popular Belgard Kitchen.
Cycle on to East Vancouver to stop in a microbrewery that was founded by three friends who love hockey and good beer. The modest tasting room is a new hit in the city's craft beer scene.
A few easy hills later (you can walk your bike for this portion, if you prefer), you’ll wrap up your tour in Mount Pleasant, aptly coined Brewery Creek. Sip your final tastings inside the Vancouver Breweries Garage, one of the city's few surviving industrial heritage buildings dating back to 1913.
If you're still thirsty after bidding your guide farewell, haul out your growler and explore other breweries of Mount Pleasant like a local.
Inclusions for Vancouver Bike Tour With Beers And Bites
- Professional guide
- Use of bike and helmet
- 9 beers tastings
- Food pairings
Exclusions for Vancouver Bike Tour With Beers And Bites
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drink
- E-Bike Upgrade (an E-bike can be selected in-store for an additional charge of $25+tax)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum drinking age is 19
We recommend bringing a light jacket in case of unexpected weather conditions, even in the summer months
Tour runs rain or shine; however, if it is raining 2 hours prior to your tour, you can choose to cancel your tour for a full refund, or reschedule for a later date
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Vancouver Shore Excursion: Small-Group Gourmet Lunch Tour
- Fraser Valley Private Wine Tour and Bistro Lunch
- Private Transport from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to Canada Place Cruise Ship Terminal
- Stanley Park Horse-Drawn Tours
- Private Transport from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to North or West Vancouver
- Vancouver City Tour with Vancouver Lookout Admission