Vancouver Highlights Bike Tour
OverviewOn this popular 5-hour bike tour of Vancouver, ride on dedicated cycling lanes for most of the easygoing route, and stop to hear tales of the city from a knowledgeable guide. Without traffic to worry about, focus on the sights: Stanley Park’s rain forest and wildlife, an oasis in Chinatown named one of the world’s top city gardens, and the city’s historical center of Gastown. Cycle on seawalls for magnificent views of the skyline, North Shore Mountains and False Creek. Riders of all levels will enjoy this small-group tour limited to 12 people.
Know More about this tourMeet your small group at a bike rental shop in downtown Vancouver to begin your 5-hour tour of the city. During a safety briefing, youll be fitted with a bike, helmet and lock. Whether you're getting back on for the first time in years or use a bike every day, it's sure to be an enjoyable ride. The proof? It's rated among Vancouvers top sightseeing tours by TripAdvisor reviewers. Youll get plenty of opportunities to snap pictures and rest at well-timed stops to learn the citys history.
Starting in the West End, a waterfront neighborhood of historic homes, make your way into Stanley Park, the 1,000-acre (405-hectare) urban green space surrounded by ocean on three sides. Capture beautiful views of the city skyline, the snowcapped North Shore mountains, and on cloudless days, Mount Baker in Washington state as you cycle along the parks perimeter seawall.
Veer off onto one of the parks many trails and enter a rain forest, cruising by Beaver Lake before you stop to admire a 700-year-old cedar tree. Learn about the diverse ecosystems here and catch glimpses of wildlife like bald eagles, herons and river otters along the way. Your guide also shares engaging history about the First Nations people who once inhabited these grounds.
Switching gears, hop off your bike and onto a ferry! Your destination is Granville Island, where you'll have a 45-minute break for lunch (own expense) and time to explore the open market boasting hundreds of vendors selling food, arts and crafts.
After lunch, cycle along False Creek and into Olympic Village, with views of Science World. Ride into the lively Chinatown and visit Dr. Sun Yat-Sen Classical Garden, named by National Geographic as the 'worlds top city garden,' for an idea of what 15th-century China may have looked like.
Then its off to Gastown to learn about its colorful history as a logging outpost. This cool neighborhood is teeming with upscale restaurants and boutiques that you might want to check out later on your own.
Finally, make your way through Coal Harbour and watch seaplanes take off from Burrard Inlet before arriving back at the bike rental shop, where your tour ends.
Inclusions for Vancouver Highlights Bike Tour
- Professional guide
- Use of bike, helmet and lock
Exclusions for Vancouver Highlights Bike Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- E-Bike Upgrade (an E-bike can be selected in-store for an additional charge of $25+tax)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
For tours in the winter, spring and fall (Oct May), we recommend wearing layers and gloves, as the weather can be unpredictable (rain ponchos available for use if needed); for tours in the summer, we recommend wearing shorts, T-shirts, closed-toe shoes, sunscreen and sunglasses
We recommend bringing a light jacket in case of unexpected weather conditions, even in the summer months
Tour runs rain or shine; however, if it is raining 2 hours prior to your tour, you can choose to cancel your tour for a full refund, or reschedule for a later date
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Howe Sound Sea Safari Cruise
- Private 3-Hour Sailing Charter in Vancouver
- Private Tour: Vancouver to Victoria Island
- Private Transfer from Vancouver to Seattle
- Vancouver Craft Beer and Distillery Tour
- Segway Tour of the Botanical Gardens at the University of British Columbia
- Vancouver Distillery Private Tour and Tasting
- Vancouver Biking and Hiking Tour including Lunch